The Halloween Thread:

"I definitely need a drink," Svana thought as her mind went from the playful "Shade of the Horseman" to the horseman that brought torment to higher level fighters in the Scarlet Monastery. She scanned the room for any odd looking Jack-O-Lanterns and was slightly relieved to see that the decorations were very different from her world.

"Whatever sort of lager you have on tap will be fine," she looked to Kara for a moment, she had no idea who Xena was or Hellboy, before considering the huge barrage of questions that was just thrown out before her. Svana shrugged. "He's just the Shade of the Horseman. He comes around every year during Hallow's End setting everything on fire. The matron from the orphanage gives out cookies and stuff to the people that help put out the fires. It's like he comes there to just mess with the lower level fighters, because he can.

"What's bad, is when higher level fighters from the Horde come into Goldshire and start attacking everyone. That's a real problem. I think as long as no one summons the real horseman, we should be pretty safe here. In fact, considering the fact I'm no longer in Azeroth, Kalimdor, Outlands, or Northrend, it's going to be a safe Hallow's End."

Svana was going to try and make it a pleasant evening. She offered a fake smile to Kara.

She turned away from a moment and took a deep breath, scanning the room as she did so to make sure everything was still in place. "I still don't trust things around here," she whispered to Carter.

The bad feeling had gone from being in the wrong part of Dalaran to being in a dungeon without the appropriate gear, Kara was playing her part as the quest giver/inn keeper nicely. Sure, there was a large, muscle bound demon ready to do her bidding, but if it came to a battle against an elite, mob boss it wasn't going to be enough.

((Have you seen those advertisements for that new show on NBC called "Grimm", it's starts on Halloween?))

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kara gave Svana a nice, cold lager thanks to Star who made the glasses quite cold indeed. "Well you should be safe for I never heard anyof those places you just mentioned. Of course, I'm from Earth. However, in case there is trouble, I am sure that Mr. Brimstone, myself and the others will aid you against any evil which may come here.

We may not look like much but we are good fighters."

Dracon thought about Junior's request some, gently tapping his foot against the floor. "Well the green hair is easy enough, just cast a spell to change the color of your hair. The face paint is going to be a bit harder to come by but let's ask Brimstone to see where he keeps that stuff." Activating one of the crystals in his vambrace then reddish crystal flaring to life as it became ready to use. "Brimstone get your rear down here we have a question for ya and don't bother asking what the question is I'd rather ask you face to face."

As they waited Drac went ahead and then cast the appropriate spell on junior changing his hair to a greenish hue. "There you go, take a look in that mirror on the door and let me know if it needs to be darker or brighter. This type of enchantment will generally only last until morning so you don't have to worry about de-activating it."

Serenity and Melissa pretty much nodded in agreement with Brimstone when he proclaimed to let that headless horseman try anything if he dared.

Serenity put in her opinion on the matter at that point. "These wards were placed by some of the most powerful mages and priestesses in this world young Svana so I would be hard pressed to find anything that would be able to crack through them easily. Even if that were possible it would be completely impossible to do so without alerting every priest and priestess in the Vashtalian Holy Orders such is the way I weaved them together. Call my claims egotistic if you wish but it is the truth nonetheless. If it were to come to a close quarters fight we do have Lady Melissa here as well as my father with Vanagald and Lamera. Even if the physical bodies of any attackers were to remain it would be guaranteed that their dark souls would no longer exist."

Svana stared at Serenity for a moment as she picked up her cold glass of lager. “No regeneration? No reset button?” She expected no answer to her questions. The finality seemed to be a bit of a surprise to her. Slowly, sipping her drink she let it all soak in.

((Dude... You can block/ignore signarutres.))

Serenity just shrugged. "I don't know what a reset button is but no there would be no regeneration. The paired blades Vanagald and Lamera are what some would call soul eaters. Two of several that were created since before Vashtalia's founding. Lord Kelinium, first king of Vashtalia and my great grandfather according to ancient records had found them in some ruins when the majority of the Dragon Clans were still nomadic. As such there is still very little we know about them however we have been able to find some information on them however most of it falls into the realm of rumors and superstition since none of it can be verified. We have tried asking the blades themselves however neither one of them wishes to say anything about it."

Svana nodded to Serenity thoughtfully. "That rule goes for mortals as well I take it.," she said clutching her pouch thinking of the soulstone she created earlier. "Are there Paladins here?"

She still had a lot of questions about this world and none of Kara's made anything any easier. Her brow furrowed as she looked at her drink. Picking the glass up, she scurried away to an empty, somewhat secluded table. Her head spinning from all the questions.

((Have you seen those advertisements for that new show on NBC called "Grimm", it's starts on Halloween ;D ))

(Yes I have.. between that and Neverland short series and the walking dead returning I think I'm set for Fall)

Whatcha drinking sweet thing?".. (Star) eyed the bottle with innate distrust.. "Is it poisnous?"::::

Ash smirked sloppily. "Highly so. Jalapeño flavored turpentine." Indeed he's started breaking out in a sweat but it didn't seem to diminish the speed in which he was guzzlin' the toxic brew.

Megan also winced, hearing the name of the concoction. She managed to get back to her feet at snagged the bottle from Ashmire (whom seemed rather quite willing to release it rather than risk the wrath of any more Alpha females), then took a slug of the drink herself.

The face said it all. “Ewwwwwww,” she complained…. Then took another swig.

::Blue rolled his eyes again as he mapped out the schematics to the colonel, "its also small enough to be carried as a handgun.. lots of damage in a small handheld device. Choas at its best.":::

The Colonel winced again. “I wish you wouldn’t put it in such blatant terms. You might give everyone the impression that we Like to break things and kill people. That surely isn’t very diplomatic, especially in mixed company.” He gave a long sigh then began tapping away at the wrist-com, if just to get the ball rolling because he was pretty sure Blue was going to pounce upon the project the second he got back to the barracks.

Serenity and Melissa pretty much nodded in agreement with Brimstone when he proclaimed to let that headless horseman try anything if he dared.

Brimstone patted Bonnie on the counter as she mauled her apple, turning it pretty much into apple juice, the masticated mass oozing all over the counter. BS didn't seem to mind it much. "We're a long way off from your home world Svana, so I think you're probably too far away for anyone ta mess with. And the girls here are just chocked full of mana and bad-ass beat down. You should be plenty safe here."

Svana stared at Serenity for a moment as she picked up her cold glass of lager. “No regeneration? No reset button?” She expected no answer to her questions. The finality seemed to be a bit of a surprise to her. Slowly, sipping her drink she let it all soak in.

Kara slightly tilted her head to the side and asked Svana. "Excuse me miss. I have a question for you. Do you believe you are in some kind of game or in a hologram recreation center? You are not because this is real life. Do you know where exactly where you are now?"

Brimstone winced. Clearly he was going to have to explain to Kara about the wonders of crossing time streams, including those that seem quite impossible, like from games… and books. He might even have to bust out his action figure to further clarify. Of course he would also have to show Kara her “roots” as far as he understood them. He did have a few comic books from the series, but he wasn’t sure how well the Kryptonian was going to be able to handle “the truth’.

It was all a matter of perspective after all…

Svana nodded to Serenity thoughtfully. "That rule goes for mortals as well I take it.," she said clutching her pouch thinking of the soulstone she created earlier. "Are there Paladins here?"

“There might be a few around. Megan had one that was shadowin’ her steps, but I haven’t seem Kyle ‘round fer a while now. He wasn’t too uppity as far as those types were, though he did start a row with Megan’s other suitor at the time. Things sort of got…uhm.. er… complicated after that.”

(“Here… we… go…”)

While the party blathered onward, the rabbit that Megan had brought with her had been left to its own devices. After being fondled and cooed upon, it had been released and had happily hopped into what served at the kitchen. It sniffed around the base of the refrigerator, nibbled on the wiring a bit (somehow escaping being electrocuted) before it moved onto the base of the cabinets and their cedar molding.

As the bunny-bunny chiseled away, the dimmed lighting brightened a bit. There were few windows in Brimstone’s lair, but there was a small aperture in the kitchen by which the one-time cybernetic cowboy could overlook the southern face of the mountain and the valley below. It also offered a rather open view of the sky which currently was clear, save for a singular cloud. It now was rolling back, exposing the full lunar moon. The rabbit paused, lifting its nose as it sniffed the air, testing the prolific odors that wafted through the kitchen. A beam of moonlight drifted across the floor, and then finally caressed the bunny’s side....

It was as if the rabbit had been touched by acid. His flank began to bubble and contort as if maggots were eating away at the flesh underneath. It even began to cry as if in great pain, but that whimper began to deepen and coarsen until it became a feral growl. The hide continued to undulate before it suddenly expanded, the rabbit’s leg shooting out almost three feet in length, tiny little toes wiggling in extreme pain before the body contorted, it’s back arching to unbelievable lengths, it’s cute furry head nearly touching the cotton-tail, then the tail shot out, the fuzzy bit now connected to a blackened length of tentacle, whipping and snapping about.

The body began to grow and expand as it writhed and contorted, slamming into the kitchen table and upsetting a bowl of punch, sending it pitching to the floor where it shattered…..

Evil_Demon_WereRabbit_thing_by_ProjectKuraiOkami.png

Dracon thought about Junior's request some, gently tapping his foot against the floor. "Well the green hair is easy enough, just cast a spell to change the color of your hair. The face paint is going to be a bit harder to come by but let's ask Brimstone to see where he keeps that stuff." Activating one of the crystals in his vambrace then reddish crystal flaring to life as it became ready to use. "Brimstone get your rear down here we have a question for ya and don't bother asking what the question is I'd rather ask you face to face."

As they waited Drac went ahead and then cast the appropriate spell on junior changing his hair to a greenish hue. "There you go, take a look in that mirror on the door and let me know if it needs to be darker or brighter. This type of enchantment will generally only last until morning so you don't have to worry about de-activating it."

Junior pivoted his head back and forth, then took his fingers and combed his hair back. He’d only caught a glimpse of the character on the cover of one of Grampa Tim’s books, but the creepy look had left an impression. << This should be good, Lord Dracon.>> He then sorted through the rest of the clothes hanging in the air, looking for a hat to complete the ensemble….

Brimstone had just nodded when suddenly Drac’s voice came over the wrist com, one that had been fashioned into a watch band for the watch that didn’t work. BS pouted. Sounded like the lizard was being a bit demanding, but he wasn’t going to get his nose bent out of joint by being rudely bossed around. Besides, Drac was their leader by defunct, mostly by BS’s doing to being with.

He turned to head towards the cellar doors when he heard the crash in the kitchen. His head swiveled around, quickly taking stock of where everyone was. Seeing that it wasn’t any of the kids (as far as he could tell) he cautiously opened the kitchen door….

Both Melissa and Serenity were on point at that point. Serenity having reacted first to the psionic alarm that was going off in her head from her wards. Both women pushing past Brimstone and then into the kitchen. Serenity merely extending her hand out while a sword materialized in it. "Of course it would be a form of were-beast that would make it past my wards. Just my luck something that's damn near impossible to detect before it changes forms would be the one thing that gets in here."

Melissa just stood there relaxed, Halberd across both her shoulders. "So what should we do with it?"

With her hearing, Kara easily heard the noise in the kitchen. When Melissa asked the question on what they should do with it, She repled. "On Earth the general rule of thumb is if it is evil, unfriendly, destructive and murderous, kill it before it kills you. On were-wolves, you should use a holy, silver bullet and shoot it at the creature. Maybe it would work the same here."

Serenity simply shrugged. "Well if it has any sense it will realize what we are and decide not to fight." She then turned to the were-bunny. "I healed your foot little one so the least you could do is not attack anyone here."

Melissa just looked over to Kara. "Silver weapons certainly work fine against were-beasts young Kara however enchanted weapons and magic can work just as well. Regular weapons not so much unless you're lucky enough to behead one in a single strike."

"It may be wise to get all the children out of here and inform all the adults to prepare themselves for a fight with a were bunny", spoke Kara. "It may not be friendly at all even if we were nice to it before it transformed into this."

The Kryptonian teenager then paused and thought of something. "Melissa, how many bunnies did Megan say were at the ranch where she worked? What if they are were-rabbits too? Would they be coming here or stay where they are?"

::Star heard the crash counted heads and then upon hearing of the beast in her kitchen, she ran for the children, she rounded up the brood Siren included and herded them down into the basement where she came alongside Drac and told him what was going on upstairs, as she continued to herd the children into a long winding tunnel that once they all wiggled under a large boulde ropened unto a cavern filled almost to the ceiling with gold and jewels. Armor lined the walls and two large baskets filled with blankets and clothing sat up on a shelf clearly treasured as sentimentals.. "Star had taken the children to her horde, where they could play and romp with out that beast catching her unaware, she froze the entrace shut so the beast couldnt enter without her knowledge and making sure Shrike understood the gold and armor and weapons werent food but to play with she let her go and join her siblings, she had grabed Dante up in her arms when they left and the boy still sleeped deeply. She kenw the kid could sleep through a hurricane. She smiled as Blue and Clyde looked over the weapons, she had lances,swords,shields,axes,morning stars, and flails.. she alos had a book case of spell books and potions making next to a pedestal that held a dragon gem the size of a baby's fist which seemed to glow and shine and pulse with a presence all of its own... she watched to make sure none of the young ones touched it. She wasnt finished making it yet and she didnt want it tainted with magical that was not of her own.:::

::Siren was irritated a tbeing herded along with the child but gasped in shock as she beheld the wonder of her sister's horde..."You have been busy. Where did all this stuff come from?"... Star sighed..."From my master's castle after I killed him I took all his treasures and his weapons. He was dead what use had he of them?".. Star's logic was frightening in and of itself but Sien wanted to see that Dragon Gem but as she went towards it Star's growl shook the cavern and Siren skittered off not wanting to upset her sister.:::

::Blue was awestruck as he darted forward to claim a king's crown and snatch a small wooden training sword as he and Clyde fought knight and dragon, they kept out a watch for Bonnie he was known for jumping in as the unknown hero to save the day. Shrike was eft to nose around bright silks and furs and satins as well as the jewels that sparkled and shimmered in an array of colors all around them as they had been studded into the very walls.:::

The Kryptonian teenager then paused and thought of something. "Melissa, how many bunnies did Megan say were at the ranch where she worked? What if they are were-rabbits too? Would they be coming here or stay where they are?"

Megan had come up behind the crowd, curious of course. “Oh there was a lot of ‘em. All over the place. Dunno if they was all were-rabbits or not.” She craned her neck, trying to get a look at the critter.

While everyone gathered around the were-rabbit, it continued to grow in its rather grotesque way, bubbling and percolating under the skin in a manner that would have earned it top billing in a John Carpenter film. Soon it filled the kitchen, knocking over more and more items in the process.

When Seren addressed it directly, the large deformed furry ears rotated around for a moment before he unhinged its jaw and made an awful screech.

“Aw crap,” BS grumbled as he tried to bring his gun up to bear.

But the giant rabbit was already in motion. And it was quick. Unbelievably quick. Brimstone had a hack of a time keeping his sights on the beast as it bounded from the floor to the wall, leaving two sizeable rabbit-foot dents in the wooden façade before bouncing off the cabinet, the sink, the straight for the group of them.

Brimstone fired.

Something needs to be said about that gun. No, it was not the original Samaritan, but BS had copied the famed weapon as closely as he could, down to the tiniest detail that he could muster after playing the movie repeatedly in slow-mo; so even though it was not the exact gun, it was damn close.

It also did the same amount of damage.

The first two rounds missed blasting gaping holes in the wall, the bedrock, and through two adjoining caves. The third clipped the rabbit, knocking him into the wall as well. The fourth slug obliterated it, spraying the kitchen, and everybody in it, in a decoupage of rabbit guts.

rabbit.png

In fact Star had been in such a rush to round up all the younguns and ferret them to her no-so-secret hideout in the basement of the Bar, that she failed to keep tabs on one other notable person in her life.

Ashmire

The mutant was left standing in the middle of the room, hand held out, the “what the hell?” look on his face quite entertaining to behold, or would have been if everyone else hadn’t wandered towards the kitchen. Even the Colonel had been piqued and had followed Megan to the doorway..

… just as the whole Bar seemed to suddenly rock and jolt and quake all around him.

Ashmire ducked and covered, rolling under one of the tables, armed with the nearest weapon he could find… a spoon. Granted it wouldn’t be much of a weapon for most folks, but it actually wouldn’t have been the first time Ashmire had killed with one; in self defense of course.

For now he remained hidden, waiting to see what had made that hellacious racket in the kitchen.

ashbanner6.gif

(in Star's cave)

There was way too much for Bonnie to investigate. She rooted through the gems and stones, but other than the fact that they glittered, they didn’t seem to do much else. In fact only the Dragon Gem had caught her eye, but even she wouldn’t dare try to cross her mother, not when she was in ice dragon form.

Instead she tried to play with her siblings. They seemed to have so much fun clacking swords together in an attempt to stab each other, so she tried to barge in as well, snarling and hissing and spitting and playing at being the mean terrible frightful lizard. Soon the boys had turned from battling each other to battling her, and she was barely able to hold them both to a standstill. The action was extremely fast paced as all three were augmented with great speed and stamina; but were still looking to hone their skills. At least Bonnie didn’t bite the swords. Had she locked her jaws on them, they would have broken readily and fun time would be over; so she merely batted at them with her talons while parrying their thrusts and jabs with just bared teeth….

Until one was knocked loose and sent skittering across the slate flooring of the cave.

Bonnie paused in mid-attack, her long forked tongue poking into the now vacant hole in her gumline. It hadn’t hurt at all, but it was very disconcerting that she could lose one of her weapons so readily. She looked about at her siblings….

… before she started crying. Wailing actually, each breath-full getting louder and more frantic.

bonniebanner.jpg

Seren barely had time to get her barrier spells up by the time Brimstone fired. Only ones she was able to cover though were herself and Melissa so those two were still clean. Everyone else was splattered on though. "Damn it Brimstone did you have to fire that thing so close to my ear!?" Indeed she was holding her left ear while she waited for it to stop ringing.

Melissa on the other hand just yawned. "Well that was boring. Megan wheres this farm of yours think I feel like hunting some rabbit now."

"You do know, sir", began Kara to Brimstone. "That there is now serious damage to this tavern of yours and it must be repaired as soon as possible. Also, according to legends of were-animals, ordinary weapons don't kill them. Their wounds are healed at an amazing rate of speed and they attack again.

Are you sure that this creature is dead?"

She paused and added. "I hear a young female crying below in the caves. I have very good hearing."

Drac just looked around at that point before he just shrugged. "Guess everyone upstairs doesn't need my help right now." Then he heard the crying. Drawing a small symbol on the wall to keep his levitation spell active for the clothing he just looked at Junior. "Finish picking out what you will I'm going to go see what that incessant crying is about."

Didn't take long for him to make it to Star's quarters he knocked on the Ice wall. "I'm coming in." he announced before he just melted the ice and walked in. "Now what in the wor...oh" Taking one look at Bonnie he then looked over to where a tooth was laying on the ground. Making his way over to pick up the tooth, then kneeling in front of bonnie grabbing ahold of her jaws so he could get a good look at the empty cavity where the tooth once was.

(oh you didn’t seriously think that was it, did you?)

“Sorry. Reflex,’ Brimstone apologized as he holstered the oversized cannon then began the tedious task of scraping the remains of the rabbit off his costume. He turned to Megan, his lips puckered in thought. “And you say there are hundreds of these little critters roamin’ around on this ranch?”

“Thousands even,” Megan replied as she removed her straw hat, slapping it against her leg to dislodge the guts clinging to the brim. “I’m beginning at see why it was so cheap though. Can you imagine a whole horde of ‘em rampaging’ every month?” The bit of flesh that clung to the hat seemed awfully tenacious. Megan finally reluctantly picked at it, trying to knock it off with a flick of a finger…

… and it flicked back at her.

Megan blinked, furrowing her brow as she poked at the gob of goo. It quivered a bit, then whipped back at her as if trying to stave her off.

“Brimstone…,” she intoned.

Now all the guts on the floor began to wiggled and vibrate. Megan dropped her straw hat, just as the bit of flesh contorted then expanded easily a hundred times it’s size in seconds, the putrid black gob budding stems that were representative of arms, legs, and ears. From the middle of the head stub glaring red eyes popped into view, the black pits of a lens rolling about before fixating a malevolent gaze on the heir apparent. Megan stumbled backwards, stepping into Ashmire before turning about and slugging him in the face, causing the pony-tailed mutant to fall backwards, allowing Megan to run from the confined quarters of the hallway and back into the main hall. She looked to Svana and Carter before whipping about, grabbing a handful of cutlery from one of the tables; then pivoting around with her arsenal, preparing to fight. “Run!” she barked to the duo, not knowing that they’d already been through one round of Halloween with Brimstone.

In the kitchen BS has shucked her overcoat (reluctantly) when the mass of guts and gore began to wiggle and vibrate before likewise expanding into several masses. Each one was nearly four foot tall, smaller than the initial were-bunny, but still a threat in themselves since there were now at least 25 of them in the kitchen. Brimstone once again pulled out that super-sized pea shooter…

… and they all scattered. Many were just the bare minimum of a shape, yet they moved with that same lighting-fast speed. Brimstone was only able to clip one, and only because it was jumping straight at him, the maw that represented it’s mouth wide open and rimmed with a rapidly growing set of razor, sharp shark-like teeth…!

White-Rabbit-Full-Render.jpg

Svana was not surprised by the turn of events. She had a feeling something was going to happen, maybe not infected rabbit, but something bad or weird.

The Warlock stood up cool, calm, and collected rolling up her sleeves. She cast two long spells before casting a short spell, the first spell causing a purple summoning circle to appear below her feet.

"Based on it not being killed by Brimstone's gun (Yes, she knows what guns are), normal fighting tactics are not going to destroy this beast," she paused reflecting on spells she knew and the ones she knew other Classes used. "We should proceed with caution." She wasn't sure what the answer was, but at this point hacking it to bits would only make it worse.

"The hell with caution. Now it isn't quite so boring." Melissa stated as she spun the halberd over her head some before bringing it to bear right in front of her. The skirt part of her armor and her hair wavering about as the energy began to gather.

"Spirits of flame hear my call

by the ancient covenant we share

let the friction in the air create the spark

that shall set our enemies ablaze!"

and at the same time Serenity had one hand out front while the other was pointing upward. Still maintaining her barriers although she had now placed others around anyone else still in the room and building.

"Ancient Nelvana, Beloved Dragon Goddess of Water and Healing &

Ancient Tilan, Beloved Dragon God of Time hear my prayer

Shall the powers you govern stop our enemy in their tracks

and prevent their regeneration so that they may feel the bite

of Asmod's Divine flames!"

Soon enough the spells took hold, each one of the little buggers (at least all the ones the two dragons could see collectively) were stopped in their tracks by some invisible force. Even as they struggled against their unseen bonds there was something akin of a spark originating in the middle of the air before it created a fireball in it's place which then split and shot out igniting their trapped targets.

::Star felt the magic as the little ones sat up straight and looked up at the cavern ceiling. Siren shivered at the amount of Mana that was being used up there and looked at Drac... "What is it Lord Dracon?, why are they sing so much magic suddenly? I thought the fight was done.":::

::Star shook her head and gave Dracon a look before responding..."Are you going to fight Lord Dracon or help me keep the young ones safe from harm.. I have an exit out of this place but I will have to refreeze the entrance there to use my escape hole, and to escape through it is going to be hard on me and Siren.You might have to help the children as much as you can... she counted heads then stopped, the sleeping Dante was gone.:::

::Dante exploded into the room like he was mad looking at the monsters and giving them a truly horrfying smile..."Oh monsters! arent they just the thing to ease my anger on. Come to daddy my pretties and he will make you feel all better.:.. he dove into one mind after the other trampling like a heard of elephants snatcing and ripping at nerves and memebranes splitting the wiring of their brain and in some cases flipping the brain pans completely upside down.. he laughed as he had fun, he was hovering about a foot off the floor as he played his face a horrfying mask of sadistic pleasure as he ripped and only when his blood lust was satisfied did he return to himself and settle back upon the floor looking at the monsters he had rewired.:::

::Blue was so angry he couldnt help the steam that writhed from his nostrails as in dragon form he was a black drake and when he got ahold of his brother he was going to french fry him to a blackened cinder. He couldnt believe that Dante had awoken and ran to join the fight. He always got to save the day why their mother always made them run away...It just wasnt right!, he sulked as he bonnie cried over he rlost tooth and clyde went into one of his comforting spells.. Siren and Star just stood there talk to Lord Dracon doing nothing, why were they doing nothing?.. he wanted action and before he could rethink it he took off from the room intent on action.:::