The Halloween Thread:

::Siren sulked as she was carried back to the bar by Melissa...."I dont see why I cant help? Its not like he hasnt undressed before me before.".... She huffed out an annoyed breath flipping her brown hair over her shoulder as she resettled her toga so she wouldnt be showing off anything that was better left covered. She then kept he rmouth shut giving every one an evil glare as she resorted to the feminine strategy of silence.::

::Star had been talking to Dante and soothing him and she emerged from below to catch her sister's mutinous expression and she swallowed a smile as she walked Dante back to the table where Ashmire and herself had been sitting.She knew he would calm down right now he was interested in what his brother's were drawing and she allowe dhim to lay down and soon he too was drawing and coloring but with his mental talents his pictures were bold and choatic all at once. Blue had returned to his portrait of Megan but he was simply awaiting her reply to his questions, The colonel was the one more in tune with Blue now.:::

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melissa just rolled her eyes. "You were probably behind that too. At your age young one there are other things to focus on rather than acting like a cat in heat. You are a dragon of noble blood, it wouldn't hurt for you to start learning some elegance and grace."

Drac in the meantime just nodded to BS before he just shrugged at the mention of a wild Wyrm. "Ok, you really think a mere Wyrm is going give me trouble? Let's go get you a change of clothes Junior." With that he led Junior downstairs himself so the kid could pick a new costume out for himself.

Just before Junior went downstairs, Kara mentioned to him as she pet the bunny. "Junior, I can dry your clothes off quickly and without damaging them or you in the process. Please let me demonstrate this."

With that, Kara used her heat vision on low power and began drying off the clothes and hat Junior had on in a safe and gentle manner. (Everyone there may see the red beams coming from Kara's eyes.)

"Mr. Brimstone did mention to me he had some minor trouble last year and this was why I asked for som magical and psychic protection for me", she truthfully stated. "As for a dance number, I can sing "Thiller" and you can follow my dance moves. It was orginally done by Michael Jackson. Also, I was not aware that Mr. Brimstone has been to Earth and back several times. I thought it was only once.

When I left Earth by that weird portal, I was trying to stop a nucleur melt down which was started by Thorn who is a human female and an insane psychopath. She had a black dragon baby from Tim Rex and Thorn gave it to him to raise.

Things I can tell you about him. I thought he was more or less a hero but from what I witnessed from his actions, and what he revealed to me, showed me that he had a dark, evil side to him.

I lost my faith and respect for him after that."

:Siren sulked as she was carried back to the bar by Melissa...."I don’t see why I cant help? Its not like he hasn’t undressed before me before."....

Poor Junior turned beet red at this comment. It wasn't exactly how it happened, and he was pretty sure everyone in the room knew that, but still for Siren to bring That up was just too much for the poor mutant.

He looked as if he might actually die from embarrassment, if it were at all possible

Drac in the meantime just nodded to BS before he just shrugged at the mention of a wild Wyrm.  "Ok, you really think a mere Wyrm is going give me trouble? ..."

"Naw. Not really. Jus' thought I'd give ya a heads up. The little booger nips sumptin' awful."

Let's go get you a change of clothes Junior."  With that he led Junior downstairs himself so the kid could pick a new costume out for himself.

Just before Junior went downstairs, Kara mentioned to him as she pet the bunny. "Junior, I can dry your clothes off quickly and without damaging them or you in the process.  Please let me demonstrate this."

With that, Kara used her heat vision on low power and began drying off the clothes and hat Junior had on in a safe and gentle manner.  (Everyone there may see the red beams coming from Kara's eyes.)

Well it had definitly dried out Junior. His hair now had that windswept look and he smelled as if he'd just come out of the cleaners with that crisp (perhaps a little too crisp) scent. He looked to Kara as if he wasn't quite sure how to respond, but finally did, telepathically projecting his voice into her mind as gently as he could <<thank you?>>

Actually Kara would get more than just a voice in her head. It was as if she could feel his emotions and thoughts of cautious optimism coupled with embarrassment of the whole situation.

.... Also, I was not aware that Mr. Brimstone has been to Earth and back several times.  I thought it was only once.

"Oh no. The Tin Can's got quite the trade agreement goin' on with several nefarious characters I imagine; especially after seeing what he's got stockpiled down there. Yeah most of us have been there and back a few times."

Megan paused a moment. "Er.. maybe I should amend that a bit. We've been to 'A' Earth. It might not necessarily be the same timeline you're from. Just in case you were thinkin' that we'd might be able to get ya home." Megan also knew some of the ins and outs of 'porting off planet that might not sit well with those unaccustomed to the... eccentricities.

When I left Earth by that weird portal, I was trying to stop a nucleur melt down whicj was started by Thorn.  She had a black dragon baby from Tim Rex.  Things I can tell you about him.  I thought he was more or less a hero but from what I witnessed from his actions, and what he revealed to me, showed he had an evil side to him."

Megan clearly scowled at the information. "yeah. I can tell you some thing about that ass as well. And he Is an ass. A great big stinkin' whore-mongering sonova...."

Brimstone's brow had started twitching and he was already heading across the room to intercept. "Okay Megan. Take it easy. Well all know how bad Tim is. Here. Have a drink," and he handed her his cup filled with the noxious black liquid inside. This seemed to distract Megan, whole gulped about half of the contents of the mug down before it seemed to kick in, whatever it was. Megan looked up absentmindedly, then her attention drifted back to the drawings the young ones were working on. Soon she was sitting on the floor, just watching Dante and Blue and Clyde do their various renditions of herself.

The twitching in Brimstone's brow seemed to subside as he turned to Kara. "You might want to keep your insight about the Rex from her for now. Tim's her sire as well, a fact that she ain't none to happy about as you can see."

Ashmire had collected himself, more so now that Star had emerged from the basement with a calmer Dante in tow. He nodded at his mate before turning back to the tub. But it seemed that most of the participants had abandoned the festivity in lieu of an impromptu drawing session. In fact only Bonnie and Baby Shrike were left, both wagging tails in anticipation. "Very well. C'mon Bonnie. Let's se what you c'n do. And please, don't drown in the tub."

Drac just leaned against the door while he waited for Kara to finish drying Junior off before he just patted the boy on the head. "Now that you're dry let's go see if we can't find anything more suitable for you. Even though I understand that the purpose of dressing up for this season is to wear things you normally wouldn't wear I must say that costume doesn't suit your build."

Before he continued he led junior through the door before closing it behind them. As they were making their way down the stairs to the lower levels he continued. "There's a difference between wearing something because it suits you and wearing something just because someone else wants you to wear it. In the end you must make your own decisions and staying true to yourself even if it means offending or disappointing others. You get what I'm saying young one?"

"You're welcome, Junior", returned Kara with a friendly smile. She was kind of worried that she could actually feel his emotions, thoughts and embarrassment. She was told that one earring she was given would protect her psychic attacks. She dreaded to become a living puppet of someone with strong mental powers.

She soon listened to Brimstone concerning Megan and Tim. "Why does Tim do these things to women, sir? Doesn't he care what happens? He does have certain responsibilities.

Also, what did you give Megan? Some kind of micky?"

“Oh, well, you know. Tim is Tim, I guess. He’s kind of a bit hard wired to be a bit of a lady’s man. Still, as far as offspring, well it’s a bit of a surprise that there’s more about. He may screw like a jackrabbit, but it doesn’t seem to take as often as you’d think. I mean we’ve only known of three for sure, with one on the way. I’m pretty sure if Tim knew he was gonna be a daddy he would have more than compensated for the kid and probably would’ve tried to convince the mother to join our pack if possible.”

BS rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “ It’s a pity we can’t slip back you your neck of the woods. If there are a few undocumented muties, I’d like to get them rounded up and back home where they belong.

“As to Megan, no it’s not a mickey per say. You’ve seen the stuff I drink around here. She drink’s the same kind of stuff. Helps mellow out her systems. I think she’d go mad otherwise. Well madder. Crazy madder, not mad mad. She’d just get madder mad if I let her brood about Tim, or her mother for that fact. Poor girl got the short end of both sticks as it were and it’s a perpetual sore spot. Nevermind that her father is a lout.”

brimstoneroll-1.gif

Before Drac continued he led junior through the door before closing it behind them. As they were making their way down the stairs to the lower levels he continued. "There's a difference between wearing something because it suits you and wearing something just because someone else wants you to wear it. In the end you must make your own decisions and staying true to yourself even if it means offending or disappointing others.

You get what I'm saying young one?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

<<Yes, Sir, But it doesn’t matter to me. If Siren likes it, it’s okay with me.>>

Junior ruminated on this a bit then added, a bit of a chuckle in his mental voice. <<Does this mean that I don’t have to wear what You pick out for me either, Sir?>>

juniorroll.gif

Drac just quirked a brow a bit. "Oh who said I was the one that was going to pick anything out. sure I might point out a few suggestions but it's up to you whether you want to wear them or not. Besides it stopped really being necessary the moment Kara dried your current clothes. I mainly took this course so I could talk to you. I suppose the humans would consider this a man-to-man talk or perhaps more of a father-to-son talk or however you wish to consider it but that part doesn't really matter.

All I am saying is that we know you like Siren and that she likes you. However do not let your emotions blind you when it comes to her. This would make yet another time she has tried to get things moving much faster than they really should move in regards to your relationship with each other. If whatever Siren tries to get you to do makes you even the tiniest bit uncomfortable you do have the right to put your foot down. That little one, tries to act too much like an adult when she is only still just a child as you are. Either way I guess the point of this conversation was when I said to not let your emotions towards her blind you to what's around you. That is a sure fire way to be led into doing something that you will regret."

Dracon just patted the boy's head some then. "I think I'm done with my lecture now. Want to help me track down a wyrm while we're down here?"

"Yes, I do totally agree with you sir that Tim is lout", replied Power Girl honestly. "I can tell you about two undocumented children of Tim's. Their names were Fern and Chance and if there was some way you could rescue them it would be greatly appreciated. Tim used them and these children may not have known why."

The beautiful Kryptonian teenager then told Brimstone the battle with Trigon and how Fern sacrificed her young life by opening up a large black box to open up an inter-dimensional vortex to suck in Trigon and his evil army. She told him how Chance was fighting Trigon and was right on top of him when he was pulled in too.

She then revealed to Brimstone on when they went to the Nightmare Realm that he was gone leaving a triad of witches weeping because he left them. "It is possible that they were all with child by him."

He was SO going to have a word with Tim when he got back, provided he was even of a mind to be spoken to. With their token Rex dancing on the dark side, BS doubted that anything could be worked out with him; and with Drac’s laissez faire attitude of leadership when it came to mutant matters, the decision to deal with the illegitimate fallout from Tim’s escapades seemed to natural fall on Brimstone’s bent shoulders.

He managed a low groan at the prospect before turning back to Kara. “I guess we should have gelded him when we had the chance. Still, if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that the kids probably would’ve wanted in on that fight. That’s pretty much what we were originally bred to do, fight that is. It’s a sad state of affairs, but we’re all geared for combat ready, or at least we were. It’s kind of our greatest weakness, if you will, mainly ‘cause if we ain’t fighting somebody, we’re more or less fighting each other.”

He now gestured towards where Bonnie and Baby Shrike were bobbing for apples. Or at least it had started that way, but after Baby Shrike scored an apple on her first attempt, Bonnie whom looked more like a drenched rat and had been unable to snag one, was now trying to wrest the apple from Baby Shrike. This had now culminated into upsetting the tub; sending water and apples everywhere, and Ashmire now drenched as well as he tried to wrestle the furry red dragon off her metallic sister.

It wasn’t a pretty sight.

In the “basement”

>>>. Either way I guess the point of this conversation was when I said to not let your emotions towards her blind you to what's around you. That is a sure fire way to be led into doing something that you will regret." <<<

Junior already regretted it a few times. There had been more than his fair share of embarrassing situations that had arisen (literally in one case) because Siren had been overly amorous with him. His kinfolk frankly didn’t help matters. He’d only nodded their heads, snickered at times; and chalked up each situation to him “going through puberty” He didn’t feel like he was old enough, but then again his body had a tendency to act one way while his mind thought another.

Again. Totally embarrassing.

He merely nodded in understanding. At least Lord Dracon tried to help, and once he was pulled away from Siren he was beginning to think a but more clearly.

Dracon just patted the boy's head some then. "I think I'm done with my lecture now. Want to help me track down a wyrm while we're down here?"

<<Yes, Sir>> With that Junior turned and opened up his senses and mind to attempt to track the wyrm. He quickly discovered that there were quite a few creatures roaming around in the storage areas. A lot, actually. And not just those associated with the dark caves that Brimstone had stuffed most of his larder. Junior squinted, trying to hone him mind into finding the singular creature requested.

Finally he was able to ping one. <<This way, Lord Dracon>> and Junior took the lead. It was hard to keep tuned to the wiry creature. For one it was crawling through the walls, probably along one of the many vent shafts that littered the mountain, both natural and laser-hewn. There was something within the rock that continued to reflect the wyrm’s distinct wavelength, and its mind wasn’t developed enough to reason, being more animal than sentient. Junior continued to pause every few feet, craning that delicate neck from the now soft and fluffy pelt that still was part of his costume (having forgotten to even look for a change of clothes after Drac’s speech followed by the suggestion of looking for the wyrm.) Finally Junior paused pointing to a section of granite that seemed riddled like swiss cheese. << He… no … she… she’s in there.>>>

juniorroll.gif

Dracon was just looking into the holes in the wall, occasionally reaching his hand in them as he spoke to Junior. "Before you ask Junior no this isn't dangerous. Wyrm's aren't dumb enough to attack a full Dragon regardless of what form we are in."

Returning his attention to the task at hand then. "Come on out little one I'm not going to harm you just want to know why you're nipping at people down here."

::Dante suddenly dropped his crayon and said through gritted teeth.."Stop speaking his name. I wont be responsible for what I do if I blow my top." Dante's eyes were glowing brightly a she fought to harness his mind before he suddenly cussed and with an almost audible clang slammed the vault door down and slumped to the floor... Star sighed and getting up once more she picked him up and grabbing a blanket off the back of the booth she laid him down in a booth to sleep off his anger... "Sorry Brimstone, Tim has much to anwer for.. he abandoned Dante when Dante needed him most..I feel that Dante is very hurt by this abandonement."... She bushed the blond hair off her son's forehead and whispered softly.."I am so very sorry my son,I should have cared for you better. Forgive me my son.".....Star then looked at Bonnie and Shrike and stomping a foot she growled in warning as steam writhed forth to chill them..."Knock it off! Bonnie get your own apple"....Star's tone brooked no disobedience.::

::Siren was fuming in silence at the bar before she suddenly asked...."When can I travel home? I wonder how well the others are doing in our absence. Sister?.. May we go and visit soon??.. Star looked to he rsister and then looked down...."Siren, you may be a queen but our people will never be as they once were. Please do not ask me to go back there, I may have been the ruler once but my time has ended there and yours has yet to dawn. You must grow up and prove that you have knowledge and wisdom and can weild both with strength and iron will before they will bow and call you queen. I am sorry Siren but until you grow up I will not take you back there. You are still young and impulsive and our people deserve better when they meet their queen. So you understand me?"..... Siren pouted softly before she realized what she was doing and then sighing she nodded.."Yes sister I understand, I miss Daddy.....Star nodded..."As do I, now put such dark thoughts behind you and try to enjoy yourself as a child and not an adult."..... She smiled when Siren jumped down and helped Ashmire clean up the water and spilled apples.:::

::Blue was coloring as if he could soak up every color possible as he finally hed up the portrait for Megan.. "Here Megan, I madea picture of you and the Ms. Aurora... you ar eboth going into battle, you are commanding the troops and she is riding forward into the battle with her green glwoing power to smash our enemies...I am right there with my blue breath weapon frying the opposing forces and he pointed to a black drake tha tlooked like him but had glowing golden eyes.. That is Dante, he stands in the background and turns the opposing forces general's mind to mush so the forces are unorganized and unable to defend themselves from our power and might as we slaughter them.".. The picture was awash with violence and blood shed and Star gave the Colonel a withering glare...."Colonel???? Why is my baby talking about blood,guts, gore, and war???... Star was disturbed by he picture as she askd Blue more sweetly.."Blue dearest can you draw Mommy a tamer picture, I am sure Megan likes her picture but make Mommy one that isnt so violent, please?"....Blue rolle dhis eyes but nodded before adding just as sweetly.."yes mommy dear, I wouldnt wish to offend your sensitive sensibilities.. how about a pleasant snowy landscape?"....Star smiled and nodded.."That is wonderful and dont patronize me again boy or you wont have any teeth after I knock yours down your throat. Understand?"...... Blue sighed.."Yes Ma'am, crystal clear."... he went to work on a snowy landscape while Star gave the Colonel another meaningful glance.::::

"You throw around that kind of language and threats and you wonder why your children talk about such things?" Serenity had made her way back through the front door at that point making her beeline straight to the bar. "Brimstone I'll have what the others are having this time."

As the Priestess waited for her drink Melissa decided to speak up. "Besides it's better that they know about such things now rather than know nothing and end up being an easy target later on in life."

(in the "basement")

The Wyrm inside the wall hissed before nipping at Dracon's hand. It retreated only a little further, but then seemed reluctant to move any farther, though she clearly was making quite the fuss. That's when Drac's hand brushed up against the pile of leathery eggs.

... "Sorry Brimstone, Tim has much to answer for.. he abandoned Dante when Dante needed him most..I feel that Dante is very hurt by this abandonment."... She bushed the blond hair off her son's forehead and whispered softly, “I am so very sorry my son. I should have cared for you better. Forgive me my son.".....Star then looked at Bonnie and Shrike and stomping a foot she growled in warning as steam writhed forth to chill them..."Knock it off! Bonnie get your own apple"....Star's tone brooked no disobedience.::

Brimstone sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Well Tim is Tim. He'll come back when he's ready. Not like we can tell him what to do and how to do it." Of course what BS didn't say was that he hoped that Tim would be his normally jovial pain-in-the-ass self and not the world-domineering slaughter- the- innocent frame of mind.

Star's frosty breath not only sent a shiver through Bonnie and Baby Shrike, it also froze her poor husband to the bone as well. He released his grip on the two younguns as his skin turned blue. Bonnie went to pounce on Shrike, but stopped in mid-leap as her mother barked at her. She snarled and hissed, but she relented, slinking over to snag an apple of the floor and munched it down in the corner of the room.

Baby Shrike seemed none the worse for wear with the tussle with her sister and had forgone the apple to eat the aluminum tub, taking several chomps out of the rim.

::Blue was coloring as if he could soak up every color possible as he finally hed up the portrait for Megan.. "Here Megan, I madea picture of you and the Ms. Aurora... you ar eboth going into battle, you are commanding the troops and she is riding forward into the battle with her green glwoing power to smash our enemies...I am right there with my blue breath weapon frying the opposing forces and he pointed to a black drake tha tlooked like him but had glowing golden eyes.. That is Dante, he stands in the background and turns the opposing forces general's mind to mush so the forces are unorganized and unable to defend themselves from our power and might as we slaughter them."..

Megan looked at the picture and she couldn't help but smile. The child not only had done a rather stunning rendition of herself and her kin but had logicially plotted out what was in truth an actuality. Megan had plotted out the combat senarios, her mother had lead the forces into battle taking in powerhouses that would have talents like the ones Blue possessed, and the Rex (though it would have been Tim and not Dante) had mentally caused the chaos in the enemy. It seemed that Blue had the same intuition for battle scenes that she'd dictated during the war.

And the thought made Megan swell up with pride in her nephew. "This is very good Blue. Very good indeed." She peered over catching the Colonel's eye as she continued to pour on the praise. "You keep this up and I'm quite sure you'll score and officer's ranking in no time."

"Colonel???? Why is my baby talking about blood,guts, gore, and war???... Star was disturbed by he picture as she askd Blue more sweetly.."Blue dearest can you draw Mommy a tamer picture, I am sure Megan likes her picture but make Mommy one that isnt so violent, please?"....Blue went to work on a snowy landscape while Star gave the Colonel another meaningful glance.::

"Now Miss Star," the Colonel began. "You did send your children to a Military academy. They will have to learn how to fight. Besides your children are half- mutant. It is in their blood to fight. It is our job to channel that talent as befitting their station. Master Blue does indeed show great promise not only as a weapons expert but as a tactician as well. You should be very proud of him."

"And they will have to learn quickly,"Megan added. "We may no longer be squabbling with the Militants, but there are plenty of other folk who don't like us much and wouldn't mind to really ruin our day. Unfortunately that does involve blood, guts, and gore."

Ashmire looked to his mate as he seta bout trying to mop up the water spilled from the upended tub. He slowly nodded in agreement, letting their words sink in. Granted he wasn't too thrilled that the Militants were in charge of his children's education, but if anyone was to teach his get how to survive, he really couldn't think of anyone else; save for Drac and his ilk, that could teach them.

"You throw around that kind of language and threats and you wonder why your children talk about such things?"  Serenity had made her way back through the front door at that point making her beeline straight to the bar.  "Brimstone I'll have what the others are having this time."

Brimstone nodded and set up a round of the drought ale for the priestess as she clearly couldn't drink the thick green crap that Megan was guzzling.

As the Priestess waited for her drink Melissa decided to speak up.  "Besides it's better that they know about such things now rather than know nothing and end up being an easy target later on in life."

Pretty much every mutant in the room nodded in agreement to this statement.

Kara, who was dressed exactly like Xena, the Warrior Princess and had on a black wig to look just like her, spoke up. "Excuse me but all wars are wrong. No one wins in war for there are only losers. If there were victors in a war they would be death, destruction, blight, disease and sickness.

The ones who start wars are politicians and military leaders. The common people, like farmers, do not. They are just drag in there to fight because the ones who start the war never want to fight themselves."

Well that comment got Serenity and Melissa's attention now. Both Priestess and Dragoon looking at Kara then, the rune in the blade of Melissa's halberd flaring a dull red and seemed to sit there as Serenity spoke up. "So, you ask me to place wards around to protect yourself from magical and dark forces and yet later on you turn right around and insult us by saying that we drag others into our battles because we lack the will to fight our own fights? I don't know how it is on the world you come from little girl but while you are on this world I suggest you watch what you say.

Yes you are right in that the governments themselves begin the battles and wars no matter what world you are on however on this world there are various unspoken rules of warface the prime one among them being that if you are a leader for your people then you should be prepared to fight along with them. In order for a king, queen, duke, or whatever other title one may have, to understand and effectively lead their soldiers they too must be on the battlefield where they can give their orders and see how things are going with their own eyes."

Melissa continued the lesson at that point. Serenity having decided to just sit down and have her drink right then. "I am a commander myself young one and I am also a member of the Royal Family and I can tell you that to a soldier having your leaders on the battlefield fighting alongside you makes one fight that much harder. It is good for the morale of one's army to be leading them from the battlefield rather than sitting in the relative safety of your castle or home or whatever else have you giving orders from a distance.

However the point of this is that we do not care if you are speaking in general terms little one. However the fact that you are speaking in general terms includes those of us in this room as well and you have no less than four commanders in this building. I am the commander of the Vashtalian Royal Army and Dragoon forces as well as a part of the Solem'Cleavu Royal Family since I am Lord Dracon's aunt. I will tell you that we prefer to lead our people from the battlefield and we do our best to not involve those members of our citizenry who do not wish to fight. To that end my life had once ended in the Great War nearly 400 years ago but I was reborn into this current form a few decades after that war ended for reasons I still do not know. So to share Lady Serenity's standpoint if I were you young Kara I'd watch what I say especially when applying your own personal opinions acquired from your homeworld in our world."

Kara's face turned red with embarrassment. "I do apologize and please forgive me. I did not mean to insult anyone here for that was never my intention. I always felt there must be a peaceful solution to a problem which would prevent a war.

Again, I am sorry."

With that, Kara went upstairs to her room for she was quite embarrassed and she didn't want to cause any problems for Brimstone for his party.

What had been missed during the exchange between Kara and the Vashtalians was the looks between Brimstone and the Colonel. Brimstone had inhaled at Kara's rather blunt statement and was just drunk enough to begin his tirade about how his people had been enslaved by the Militants and should he stand idly by or fight to free them. It then would have been behooved upon the Colonel to defend his position, that the Mutants should have remained in their employ since it was the Militants that had given them life to begin with.

In short, it would not have ended well. Any civility between the two men would have crumbled and there may well have been a fist fight, one that would have escalated as the rest of the mutant horde would have had to pick their sides, leaving Blue in a very vulnerable position.

Thankful it had all been averted. Brimstone would have suspected that the girls had jumped into the argument to cut off the potential exchange between Mutant and Militant, but he would have been guessing. Both Seren and Melissa were indeed appalled by the statement at its face value.

So of course BS had to come in as the buffer. "I'll go talk to her. Ash, mind the bar.. no wait... Colonel? Would you mind?"

The Colonel had raised his brow, but nodded as he slid off his chair and moved around the counter, taking a few moments to familiarize himself with the inventory. He played it safe, refilling Seren's glass with the same liquid he'd been served, figuring the other stuff in the black bottle was for mutant consumption only.

BS then murmured something before followed Kara to her room, knocking on the door with the back of his hands. The empathic backlash wasn't too bad, but Kara's embarrassment had inched its way into his brain, giving him a dull pain. Nothing he couldn't handle. "It's okay, kid. Ya didn't know, but uhm yeah, there's been a few skirmished around. No, war ain't pretty, but I don't think you're gonna find the idiocrasy that comes with a detached government that refuses to get its hands dirty. Drac and his ilk take protecting their realm Very seriously. Don't fret too much about it. I still manage to step on his toes at least once a week. It'll be okay. C'mon back out. I'm gettin' a round of Pin the Tail on the Orc runnin'."

brimstoneroll-1.gif

"I'm not too sure that would be wise, Mr. Brimstone, sir", returned Kara in a quiet, sad voice. "I seem to have a bad habit of being too blunt and honest. I almost started a big fight downstairs and that wasn't my intention. Somehow I have a feeling that some people don't want me now at the party.

It seems Earth and this world is different when it comes to war. I truly hate war and the terrible outcome from it. So many innocents die from it. Even when it ends. War should be the very last option to take and not the first."

Serenity took that drink in stride and emptied the glass in short order. It didn't take her long to calm down and soon enough she had teleported to where brimstone was just in time to hear Kara's reply and she knocked on the door as well. "Miss Kara it's Serenity, it's not that we do not want you at the party. All we ask is to watch what you say. You are new to this world so it generally isn't wise to be stating your opinions on such things without knowing how the world around you feels about it first.

We do not have a problem with your view on war for we do not much care for it ourselves however at times it is necessary. What we found offensive was your off-handed comment about governments not fighting their own battles. I myself do not know of any leader that hides while their people fight and die in their name. It is considered dishonorable to do so and we at least would never consider such a thing. Anyway I'm sure the little ones wouldn't mind hearing more stories so when you're ready come back down." The priestess then making her way back downstairs at that point having stated what she wanted to say.

It seems Earth and this world is different when it comes to war. I truly hate war and the terrible outcome from it. So many innocents die from it. Even when it ends. War should be the very last option to take and not the first."

"From your lips to the gods ears. Unfortunately the worlds that I know aren't as enlightened or understanding. C'mon. Don't fret about it. Trust me, there have been more vigorous discussions about lesser subjects that have caused greater damage to the bar. Buy 'em a drink and I'm quite sure you'll soothe most of those ruffled feathers... erm scales."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brimstone shuffled aside when Seren showed up and pitched her spiel. "See that? No hard feelings, and the kids Could use another story."

brimstoneroll-1.gif