The Halloween Thread:

Kara lowered her head feeling slightly embarrassed and her face turning red from it. "I'm sorry, Siren. I didn't know the children had a rough time. Please forgive me."

She paused and began to tell a ghost story to Siren about teenaged boy who was driving his car in a cool Autumn evening and saw a lovely girl walking near the road. He stops and gives her lift to her home. He gives her his sweater so she could warm up since she tells him she was feeling chilly. She gives directions to get to her home and drops her off there. She does inside her home with his sweater.

The next day he goes back for it and is met by her mother. She informs him that she died a year ago that very evening. He goes to the cemetery and finds his sweater he loaned to the girl he picked up on her grave neatly folded on her headstone.

Kara then tells Siren about Dracula, the Wolfman and the Frankenstein monster.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The children, both the human and the furry and scaled, collected around Kara, clearly enthralled with the stories, though Junior was picking up from Dante that his attention wasn’t exactly on Kara’s face, clearly taking on the affectations of a certain uncle with a perchance for chasing the females. Junior himself made a determined effort not to look.

While the kids were involved in story time, Brimstone set about filling a tub for bobbing for apples. He had thought about handicapping those like Bonnie whom would have a larger maw in which to grip the fruit, but perhaps the idea of eating an apple would be less appealing to the dragon, thereby making her endeavors less enthusiastic and allow more room for error.

At least that would be the hope.

He dumped at least a dozen apples into the tub then set about looking for a mop and bucket. Knowing this brood, it was bound to get wet and messy.

::Dante true to his father's blood was entranced by Kara's endowments but kept his reptilian gaze towards her face so no one would notice when his eyes swept lower ever so often... He smiled at times during her stories but was surprised when he got smacked by Bonnie's tail when his eyes flickered downwards again and he rubbed his face as he pouted quietly.... Blue jumped down and offered to help his grandpa Brimstone with the tub of water and the barrels of apples. Siren leaned against Junior her brown head resting lovingly on his shoulder. Siren commented about dracula..."Its so romantic in a creepy undead way.".... She then giggled at the look she knew she would get from Junior.:::

::Star was also listening as she sat in a booth near the door her feet resting in Ashmire's lap as she put sentenced him to community service and keping teh ice dragoness calm was community service. If she got unsettled it was a disticnt possibility she was encase the entire bar in ice.::::

Kara was happy that the children enjoyed her stories. Maybe a bit later she could sing some Halloween songs and dance to them. Michael Jackson could be interest if she makes it interactive with them.

She did notice Dante constantly looking at her very large, round, busty front assets. Kara whispered to him. "Dante, I have been given permission to throw anyone down this volcano slope if he stares at my bosoms. Would you like to be the first one to be tossed out? I'll do it if you continue on your actions. It is most rude and impolite what you are doing.

Why don't you join the game of bobbing for apples with the other children?"

"Perhaps if you will allow me to take care of the little one Miss Kara we can avoid further embarrassment." This from Dracon as he made his way into the room with Melissa on his heels. Despite it being the Halloween season like Serenity neither one was wearing a costume. Drac just knelt down near Dante then. "Now little one a gentleman must never make a lady feel uncomfortable by his actions. You are different than Timothy, there is no need to act like him."

Melissa in the meantime had taken up a spot next to Serenity, leaning her halberd against the bar.

Brimstone smiled as Blue pitched in. "Yer learnin' better manners than yer kin, kid. I'm guessin' ya like hangin' out with the Militants then?" There had been a question of whether Blue had been coerced into joining and this was the first opportunity that BS had to ascertain that particular point. Not that he didn't trust the Militants. He just didn't trust them a lot.

Of course he said all this loud enough for the Colonel to hear while he doled out another glass of iced water for Serenity, followed by a beer for Melissa, and then a second for the Colonel himself. "On the house… jus' fer tonight, of course."

"Of course," the Colonel echoed, even as he sipped at the rich brew. He didn't take offense to the mutant's worries of mistrust. He knew it was going to be a long and arduous road to win their allegiance back. It was bad enough that they were a suspicious bunch by nature, but his predecessor had attributed to that paranoia quite a bit. Still he felt they'd made great strides, the largest allowing their children to attend the Militant classes without benefit of an adult mutant on guard at the site.

That and Brimstone himself wasn't resting a hand on the butt end of that oversized pea shooter he had strapped on, nor was he fussing around with the hilt of the sword strapped to his back. In fact the mutant seemed quite at ease with the military man in his abode. It was a comforting sight indeed.

Junior had shuddered at the thought of some creature latching onto his neck and sucking the blood out of him. Not that he had thought much about it before, but now that he was able to change his shape into something a bit softer than his normal lead-lined scales, it was a notion that didn't settle well with him. Still he remained silent, listening to the stories that Kara wove, trying to remain as stout-hearted as Siren thought he was.

Ashmire seemed quite content enough to coddle and baby Star, rubbing her legs that were haphazardly draped across him, letting his hands perhaps wander a little too far up her thigh when he thought nobody was looking

Bonnie's tail had only whapped Dante across the back of the head because of the excitability of the subject matter in the stories; not for any chastisement towards Dante. She was totally entranced, already envisioning how she would defend herself from such supernatural beasts as any young child could imagine. She even gave a soft growl every now and then as the action in the story ramped up; Van Helsing narrowing his search for the vampire lord in the catacombs under the castle. She was even flexing her toes as if she were running behind the posse'

Finally BS finished filling the tub with Blue's help and called the children over to the table. "Okay, this is gonna be real simple. I'm gonna blindfold ya so ya can't cheat. Bipedal kids; that's you two-legged folks, are gonna hold yer hands behind yer back, lean over the tub and try to grab an apple with yer teeth. No hands. Fer youse quadrupeds; four-legged ones, ya just need ta keep yer legs on the floor. No paws on the tub. No usin' yer wings if ya gots 'em. Ya git two minutes ta snag an apple. If ya git the special apple, you'll git a special prize. Ya got all that?"

Heads of all shapes and sizes bobbed enthusiastically.

"Good. Let's start wit' Siren first then. C'mon up 'ere, little lady."

::Siren smiled as she was called first and she came up to the tub of water and gave a glance to the apples bobbing in the water and wondered if she trult had the talent the grab an apple with her teeth....

Dante looked down at the floor as Dracon talked to him and nodded several times to what he was saying when he said he wasnt anything like Tim, Dante's head snappe dup and his golden eyes seemed to be glowing as he announced quite sternly..."I aint like Tim! I wouldnt leave my apprentice behind while I screwed some stupid Goddess!"....Dante ran off downstairs, it seemed the little rex had been more deeply affected by Tim's abandoment of him then previously thought....

::Star was out of Ashmnire's lap and following her son mere moments later. She gave Dracon and Brimstone both an apologetic look as she darted downstairs to make sure her son was alright.

Blue sighed as Dante los this calm again and just shook his head,He is a loose canon I am afraid. Whatcha think Colonel? Was it best he went to Vshatalia or could the ther militants have controlled him?"... Blue didnt know if Dante would have been better off coming with him and the others to the base or if his mom use her common sense and sent him to Vashatalia to learn combat. It seemed Dante was destined for battle.:::::

::Siren smiled as she was called first and she came up to the tub of water and gave a glance to the apples bobbing in the water and wondered if she trult had the talent the grab an apple with her teeth....

BS smiled to the girl as well. He could clearly see why Junior was smitten with her. "Go ahead. They ain't gonna bite back now. Jus' tip right on forward and give it a go."

I aint like Tim! I wouldnt leave my apprentice behind while I screwed some stupid Goddess!"....Dante ran off downstairs, ...::Star was out of Ashmnire's lap and following her son mere moments later. She gave Dracon and Brimstone both an apologetic look as she darted downstairs to make sure her son was alright....

The Colonel didn't seemed to phased by the outburst. In fact it seemed almost comforting, as if everything was in its place. He patted Blue's shoulder. "I'm quite sure your mother knew what she was doing sending Dante to Lord Dracon, and I have full confidence that he can handle your brother."

Brimstone had remained mum during Dante's outbreak. There were precious few that new the current state of the missing Rex; the Vashtalian contingent of course, and a select few in the Militant’s corner, but himself and Sara the Soothsayer were the only Del Marians that knew. He had kept that information under wraps, not wanting to cause abject panic in the mutant masses; Megan would out and out have a heart attack, something she could ill afford in her current condition; and the idea that Tim had gone over to the "dark side" probably wouldn't sit any better with Ashmire, Star and their burgeoning brood. It was better for them to think that Tim was being his normal whore-mongering self.

Still it was clear that there was a significant effect caused by the Rex's vacancy.

He looked to Ashmire, the latter looking as if he wanted to dart down the cellar after Star but hesitating. Of course Ash would hesitate. Between a possible mind-wipe from his son and a flash freeze from his mate, Ash wouldn’t have a chance; yet he was almost willing to put his body on the line.

Brimstone decided to give him something to keep him busy and out of harm’s way; relatively speaking. He tipped his head, gesturing that Ashmire take up the position of "bobbing for apples supervisor" before he himself slipped over to where the Colonel, his mutant protégé, and Drac sat with his entourage. The empath started pulling down the mugs, setting the men up with a heavy stout, Blue receiving a root beer.

"Don’t worry ‘bout yer brother none. If he starts getting’ too uppity, I’m sure somebody’ll sit on ‘im. He’s not too old fer Mack ta spank, ya know."

"Actually" Dracon had interjected after the Colonel worked to calm Blue down a bit. "It was Dante himself that requested he take up some training under us. There was no official request by his mother at all."

Again Brimstone didn’t both to tell the poor girl that Mack’s full name was “Mack the Knife.” It was an odd name to start with since Mack had not come from Earth, and to her knowledge her creator had never visited the world. BS also suspected that her naming was due to the way she held her weapons. Yes she tended now to use heavy caliber guns, but she may well have been more inclined to a bladed weapon during her earlier development. It wasn’t something he harked on; it might segway into the reason why he went by Brimstone nowadays, and that in itself was a long, embarrassing story.

At least she kept the kids entertained while they took turns bobbing for apples. Siren was still balancing herself over the basin. BS could only hope that the girl didn’t dip her toga in the water too deeply as she was beginning to develop much like her older sister, and he was not ready for a “wet toga contest”, especially with this group. It would most likely end up in a fist fight.

"Actually" Dracon had interjected after the Colonel worked to calm Blue down a bit. "It was Dante himself that requested he take up some training under us. There was no official request by his mother at all."

Both Brimstone and the Colonel nodded in tandem. “That would be about right.” Bs intoned. “Our younguns usually seek out a mentor or tutor to learn from. I’m quite sure the Colonel had more than his fair share of heartburn when they tried educatin’ all his muties in the same format.”

“Actually we did some extensive testing before placement, and for now it seems to work. Blue here is well on his way in mechanical studies. I imagine him building jump drives and all sorts of improved toys in no time. Clyde also shows some spatial skills… once you pry him away from his sister. He seems to be settling in just fine.”

“And that wonderfully furry hell-demon Bonnie?”

“Ahm… err… she’s proving to be a bit too enthusiastic for the traditional classroom format. She just doesn’t have the attention span and way too much drive to be cooped up all day. She’s actually taken up more physical forms of training. That and it’s been suggesting to take her out on patrol, if just to hone her hunting skills.” Frankly he didn’t want to bring up the fact that she was quite remedial when it came to learning in general, though he had a feeling that at least BS understood. She still hadn’t spoken out loud, and from what Clyde was willing to mention, she did not “speak” to him as much as give him visual pictures coupled with intense emotions (like there was any other kind with her).

While the party “partied” the front door opened once again and a rather cautious looking young woman dressed in blue jean, a flannel shirt, and a straw hat stepped into the room. In her arms was an unbelievable cute white bunny that seemed to have not a care in the world save for nibbling on the buttons on the girl’s shirt.

Brimstone perked right up. “Megan! You came!”

Drac just shrugged. "Perhaps I can be of some assistance with bonnie. She seems to have taken after the more draconic portion of her bloodline so it might be right to teach her as a dragon rather than teach her more or less the same way humans and humanoid races are taught. Besides she is still very much a hatchling it's about time she began learning such things."

::Star found Dante further down then their little abode and the heat was intense enough for her to suggest a change of venue...."My son why dont we move to my chambers and away from the heat, it can only serve to heighten your rage." Lets go talk about this abandonment you speak of.".... Her tone was soft but stern and Dante knew if he challenged her he would be taken down by the powerful ones upstairs swiftly. "Fine." he spat and stormed past her to the bedroom and settled himself on the bed under a fur to keep warm, Star entered and changing forms she laid down upon the thick ice sheeting the floor so her body could release the heat and cool down. If she got another fever she wasnt so sure she would survive.:::

::Siren arched a brow at Dante's outburst and gasped at his words her mind relaying shock and extremem distatste for such vulgarness but she shook her head and concentrated on closing her eyes and she reached down and quite neatly actually pulled an apple from the water cleanched between her front teeth...She held up the fruit in victory before taking a huge bit eout of it and laughing as juice dribbled down her chin..."MMMMmmmm... so sweet." She then danced out of the way with a smile.:::

::Blue didnt line up but he took his first drink of alcohol and he got a funny grimance on his face before asking with a slight cough..."And why do you like drinking this awfulness Grandpa?".. He gave Brimstone a look with an arched brow before he spotted his colored pencils on the shelf behind the bar and the pure hunger in the boys eyes couldnt be masked as he just stared at them.:::::

Drac just quirked a brow when Blue reached over and grabbed his drink instead of going for the one that was placed in front of the boy. "It's an acquired taste little one, in the meantime though why don't you just stick with your own drink?" With that he just took his mug back from Blue and took a drink from it.

(OOC - Is there any way to get rid of the "check mark Like This" because I cannot read the whole first sentence. It's blocking three or four words towards the end. I really don't need to see this.)

Kara sees the cute bunny in Megan's arms and came right over to her. "What's its name? I didn't know there were rabbits on this world. Do you raise rabbits? By the way, my name is Kara and I'm Mr. Brimstone's assistant here in his tavern."

She then asked Brimstone. "By the way, sir, will any gnomes, elves or any good and friendly faeron folk be coming to this party of yours? On Earth, Halloween was started in Ireland many centuries ago. It was called All Hallows Eve."

((don't think so, if you're not using it switch over to the Gothic Skin. You can change it by clicking on the change theme link at the bottom left of the page. I've had several reports that everything is easier to read using the Gothic theme))

::Blue didn’t line up but he took his first drink of alcohol and he got a funny grimace on his face before asking with a slight cough..."And why do you like drinking this awfulness Grandpa?".. He gave Brimstone a look with an arched brow before he spotted his colored pencils on the shelf behind the bar and the pure hunger in the boys eyes couldn’t be masked as he just stared at them.:::::

Drac just quirked a brow when Blue reached over and grabbed his drink instead of going for the one that was placed in front of the boy. "It's an acquired taste little one, in the meantime though why don't you just stick with your own drink?" With that he just took his mug back from Blue and took a drink from it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Nice try, kid. Stick with th’ rootbeer. I gotta drink this pigswill ‘cause I’ll git sick if I don’t.” It wasn’t a lie as most could vouch for; most of the mutants were known for eating things that most normal folk would avoid like the plague. Brimstone would even venture to think that his kind might very well be able to ingest the plague if given the chance.

BS did reach over and handed him the tin with all the pencils and crayons and such, along with a stack of paper, most of which were the backsides of receipts, outstanding bill notices and other scraps of paper that he’d been accumulating for the kids to draw on.

brimstoneroll-1.gif

Drac just shrugged. "Perhaps I can be of some assistance with bonnie. She seems to have taken after the more draconic portion of her bloodline so it might be right to teach her as a dragon rather than teach her more or less the same way humans and humanoid races are taught. Besides she is still very much a hatchling it's about time she began learning such things."

“I would agree, though I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of your kind run amok like this. If you think you can harness all that aggressive energy, then more power to you. I’ll arrange to have her transferred to your castle as soon as possible… unless you wish to take her after this party. I can arrange to have what few toys she has at the compound delivered to the castle tomorrow.” The Colonel did seem quite relieved that he might have found a reasonable outlet for the alpha member of Star’s brood.

He then turned to note the heir apparent’s entrance. He tried to gauge her mood before lifting his glass in salute. “Interesting costume,” he noted aloud before taking a sip of his beer.

colonelroll.gif

0511-1003-0720-5443_Vintage_Boy_Carrying_Easter_Bunnies_in_a_Basket_clipart_image.jpg

Megan quirked a brow at the Militant, surprised that the Colonel was even here in what would be the heart of mutant headquarters; and that he thought she was wearing a costume. She took up a seat next to him anyhow. Setting the rabbit on the countertop where it began nosing one of Blue’s crayons. “I’m not wearing a costume. I’ve been lookin’ ta get inta the livestock business. Been looking over several tracts of land an’… what are You gawkin’ at, Tin Head?”

Brimstone had been trying his best not to snicker at Megan’s getup. “Oh nuthin’, other than wondering how you plan to pull of this economic miracle. I mean I’ve seen you garden. It’s like Auschwitz for weeds.”

He easily dodged the glass Megan lobbed at him.

Megan snorted, then turned back to the Colonel, finding him better company. “Either way, this last place I looked at was overrun with these little fellas. This one was trapped in one of the chicken pens and hurt his foot. I was gonna see if the goofball over there would take a look and make sure it ain’t broke or nothin’.”

Kara sees the cute bunny in Megan's arms and came right over to her. "What's its name? I didn't know there were rabbits on this world. Do you raise rabbits? By the way, my name is Kara and I'm Mr. Brimstone's assistant here in his tavern."

Again Megan’s brow rose, mainly because her gaze was irresistibly drawn to “Xena’s” ample chest. She then looked to Brimstone, whom looked pretty damn guilty on a whole plethora of accounts. “Don’t start,” he warned Megan.

Megan then looked back to Kara. “Oh there’s rabbits. Oobles of them on this farm I was lookin’ at. I’m lookin’ ta raise cattle actually, but with all the Leporidae runnin’ all over the place, I might change up.” She picked up the white hare from the countertop. “This little guy doesn’t have a name yet, though I’m halfway tempted to call him ‘Lunch’, ‘cause I’m pretty sure some coyote or wolf or drake or something would’ve come by and gobbled him up eventually. Little booger didn’t even bother to run from me.” She then turned and handed the rabbit to Kara so that she could pet him. “Needless to say I’m Megan; ‘Mr.’ Brimstone’s… uhm… niece… I guess… right?” She leaned over to catch BS’s eye, whom was nodding in agreement as he set about finding a dustpan to sweep up the broken glass.

She then asked Brimstone. "By the way, sir, will any gnomes, elves or any good and friendly faeron folk be coming to this party of yours? On Earth, Halloween was started in Ireland many centuries ago. It was called All Hallows Eve."

“Yeah we have a few fae friends and they might….”

Then it all sunk in. Again Megan raised a brow and looked over towards Brimstone whom seemed to purposely keep his back to her. She then turned back to Kara. “Didn’t that lugnut tell you that we’ve been to Earth? Several times in fact?” She wadded up a wet bar towel and flung it at BS, the cloth bouncing off his Styrofoam horns before falling to the wooden flooring.

“Dip-wad,” she grumbled before turning back to Power Girl. “Yeah, we know about Halloween. Too well. In fact I was pretty damn surprised to hear that gears-fer-brains over there was going to take yet another stab at celebrating the holiday. Didn’t he tell you what happened last year? Or the year before?”

She looked back over her shoulder to realize that there were a few people here that normally wouldn’t attend one of BS’s soirées. Then it all clicked in. She turned to give Brimstone the evil eye. “Don’t tell me you wrangled Drac and his kin inna this! You wanna get Everybody killed this time?”

Brimstone sighed as he stood up before he headed around the counter pulling a rather dusty dark green bottle down from the shelf and handing it to her. “Calm down. Nothin’s gonna happen. Seren’s put up all kind of wards. Not even a spider’s gonna sneak in here without alertin’ the whole neighborhood. Now suck down some of this afore ya have a coronary. It ain’t good tag it all excited; not in yer condition.”

Megan looked as if she might take exception, but then ended up taking the bottle instead before turning in her seat and yanking the cork out with her teeth. Whatever was inside the bottle was rank, the stench truly foul, but Megan didn’t even hesitate as she took several swallows. She shuddered a bit, but then seemed to noticeably relax.

meganbanner2.JPG

((would seem that the boards didn't recognize the fact that I posted although my post from this morning clearly showed up. So deleted the old post and here's a re-post))

"Hmph, and who do you think saved his butt last year?" This from Serenity as she finished off her water. Making her way to Kara before she gently took the bunny from her for a moment and looked it over. "If my brother wasn't there those things may very well have succeeded in whatever they were intending to do. Even if you had somehow managed to stop them on your own Brimstone you three probably would have been killed in the crash if we were not in the area."

Looking at that foot that seemed to have been injured, casting an extremely underpowered and localized version of her standard healing spells then. "Don't even get me started on that little undead infestation you stumbled upon but for some reason failed to inform us about from the beginning. What the hell do you think is part of the reason why my holy order even exists? Then again I guess you could blame Dante, Tim, and Ashmire over there for that one." Seren seemed to just stop there but continued grumbling to herself for a moment before handing the bunny back to Kara.

"There this little one should be ok now Megan, his injury wasn't anything major I think he just twisted his foot a little. I'm going to double-check on some of the older wards I placed here a while back." Walking out of the bar at that point still grumbling to herself, something about half the trouble the mutant clan getting themselves into they survived only because her family was around.

Dracon in the meantime just chuckled a bit. "I think she has you there Brimstone. Honestly though Megan it's because of what happened last year and the year before that I decided we should hang around from the beginning this time and since Brimstone and the rest of you seem to be magnets for the undead this time of year I had assigned Serenity to this location. Myself and Melissa are merely here as her escorts per Vashtalian policy."

::Blue gave Brimstone a smile before laying down upon the floor and getting right to work...He was a talented artist as he soon had pictures of Aurora,Tim,Dante,Brimstone, and was now doing a portrait of Megan. He was looking her over with his sapphire blue eyes wanting to get the right tint for he rhair color.. Blue was a perfectionist which made him good at mechanics and he called Clyde over to join him in drawing as Clyde also had an artistic side but was more abstract then Blue was.:::

::Siren sidled up to the bar..."Brimstone?? You got some music to play? I am going to drag Junior out on the dance floor with me, but shhh dont tell him or he will find a way to get out of it. He needs to learn how to move those legs. she giggled as she waited for an answer.:::

Edited by Solem'cleavu
continuity reasons.

BS had raised a brow at what amounted to a hissy fit, or at least as one as he’d ever seen come from Serenity. “Is she okay?” he asked Dracon as Seren left to reinforce her wards. “She seems a little… short tempered?”

Even Megan was eyeing the priestess as the woman headed outside, but she shook it off as just being one of those things. The mutant horde (or such at is was) did have a tendency to bring out strong reactions. In Megan’s mind, this was just one of those times. She instead consoled herself with petting the rabbit as Kara held it in her arms. Standing next to the Amazonian-built woman just seemed to make Megan, who was petite to begin with, seem that much smaller, yet it didn’t bug Megan any. She was used to being the runt in a runty species. Heck Brimstone was the tallest of them and he was 5’6”.

Dracon in the meantime just chuckled a bit. "I think she has you there Brimstone. Honestly though Megan it's because of what happened last year and the year before that I decided we should hang around from the beginning this time and since Brimstone and the rest of you seem to be magnets for the undead this time of year I had assigned Serenity to this location. Myself and Melissa are merely here as her escorts per Vashtalian policy."

“Even though I’m quite sure Seren can kick yer collective asses,” Megan smirked. “But yeah, I can see why the extra muscle. Besides, we got kids ta think about.” She watched as Blue and Clyde worked on portraits of her and her kin. Her mother had been portrayed as the harbinger of Chaos, the psychedelic swirls of energy radiating off her body showed that the kids knew their grandma’s legend quite well. The drew squiggly lines from Tim’s and Dante’s heads, indicating their telepathic powers, and even had wavering lines emanating from Brimstone’s eyes, causing a bird rendered in a tree nearby to cry tears, showing the wanna be cowboy had an empathic talent. Which made their drawings of her near laughable; no talent to draw in; but Blue really was going for detail. Megan stood over his shoulder, watching the drawing come to life.

::Siren sidled up to the bar..."Brimstone?? You got some music to play? I am going to drag Junior out on the dance floor with me, but shhh dont tell him or he will find a way to get out of it. He needs to learn how to move those legs. she giggled as she waited for an answer.:::

“Oh I’m quite sure I c’n rustle up some decent dance tunes. We’ll have him two-steppin’ in no time.” Already that mischevious grin began to spread across his marred face, indicating that he had a playlist already in mind.

Junior merely sighed, rolling his eyes at his cousin’s antics as he stormed down into the cellar. It seemed that Dante was perpetually in an emotional gear that nobody could keep up with. At least his mother was scurrying after him so perhaps he wouldn’t get in as much trouble as normal.

For himself he just watched as Siren managed to snag one of the apples. It seemed that the world dragged into slow motion as she rose from the tub, her back arched, small beads of water spraying from the damp curls that had dipped into the water and were now shaken loose by the tossing of her head. She indeed looked like a minx or a sprite the way she smiled.

Yep. He had it bad.

But now it was his turn in line as Ashmire applauded Siren’s attempt before turning to his kindred. “Okay kid. Just stand still a moment and let me blindfold ya.” Ashmire clearly was good at tying knots (lots of practice with Star) and soon Junior was led forward to where the apples bobbed. Junior wrapped his arms behind his back then hesitantly leaned forward to attempt to grab one with his teeth…

And promptly tipped forward into the bucket.

It was quick thinking on Ashmire’s part, or perhaps he could well predict what was going to happen, but he snagged the shaggy collar and pulled Junior up out of the water. Junior coughed and sputtered a bit but managed to survive, though he was no thoroughly soaked as the thick material that made up his barbarian cap had absorbed nearly half the tub and now trickled cold dampness all over his chest and back.

Ashmire tried not to laugh, really he did, but the poor delicate boy just looked so dejected and embarrassed and plain drenched that he couldn’t help himself. He did grab a towel and tried to help Junior dry off some. “It’s okay, kiddo. It happens.”

"Oh no! Junior just look at your costume.".. Siren squeaked in dismay but she was smiling as she held up half of the apple for him..."here my love. take the oth rhalf of mine and I will see if Brimstone has some clothes stashed around here. He has so much at the castle he should have even more here.. Maybe a pair of those jeans that will show off your butt.".. She laughed as she drug Junior downstairs to find a closet to get lost in. She was thinking maybe she could steal a kiss in the darkness her green eyes gleaming with triumph like the cat that fell in the vat of cream.:::

::Blue looked up at Megan and said softly....."Did I get your hair right? I dont want to make you look any less prettier than you are.You are special. I hear you are kind of like the mutants leader, like a queen almost...Why do us males have to be so submissive??? I dont like bowing down but Aurora scares me."...Blue was asking some hard questions as he wondered if Megan even knew why the males were so far inferior to their females.:::

Melissa just sighed as she snagged Siren by the collar of her costume before she got through the door leading downstairs. "Junior is very capable of choosing his own costume little one. Dracon why don't you go help Junior find something or else help him dry his current outfit."

Drac merely nodded as he walked over to Junior while Melissa carried Siren by the collar back over to the bar, using a levitation spell on the girl so she wouldn't risk tearing the costume. Drac looked over to BS then. "Where do you keep all your odd clothing?"

BS snorted at the question, because frankly all of his clothing was odd, at least in comparison to what the indigenous populace of the planet normally wore. He looked Junior over a second. “There’s a room down on your left; third… no... fourth door down. I’ve been stockpiling clothes for the kids fer when they got bigger. I’m sure there’s something down there that’ll fit ‘im.

Oh, and watch for the wyrm. It got in there last week and I’ve been ‘avin’ the dickens of a time trying ta catch it.”

brimstoneroll-1.gif