Off to see the Bat-Wizard

Cptdragon9

from Worlds Collide

(at Lois's apartment)

(kara)  then flew back to Metropolis at super speed and to Lois apartment.  Once back, the telephone rang and Kara acted sleepily.  "Hello?"  Yawn.  "Okay.  I'll get her."  She knocked on the bedroom door.  "Lois.  It's the Daily Planet.  Something about a Super Girl saving Lex Luthor's life and saving LexCorp Tower."  

It took Lois a few minutes to rouse herself from her slumber, dragging herself to the door looking quite bedraggled.  She looked up at Kara as the Kryptonian relayed the message, giving her a bit of the stink-eye before taking the phone and heading to the kitchen to get the coffee pot going.  Soon the phone call was finished and Lois had a steaming cup of Joe nestled in her fingers as she came back to talk to Kara.  "Fire at Lexcorp?  Lex's plane rescued?  Mind giving me a recap?  Not that I can spill the beans without looking suspicious myself, but it might save me some legwork."

Once she got the lowdown from Supergirl she stumbled into the shower.  Ten minutes later she came out looking a bit more alert and better dressed.  As se collected her purse she turned to Kara.  "I have to head in now.  Probably will be gone all day and then some, especially with Lex in the forefront.  You should probably take an Uber over to Gotham.  I'd say to take the truck but I can't guarentee it'll get there and back in one piece.  Don't fly over there.  You want to leave a visible footprint as your human alter ego or people will be suspicious."  She reached up to rest a hand on Kara's shoulder.  "It'll be fine.  I'm quite sure Bruce can help."

With a  short exhale, she braced herself before stepping out the door to hoof it over to the Planet....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC - I am a wee bit confused here.  You informed that there was no version of Kara here.  There is no Kandor, no Krypton, No Fortress of Solitude, Superman is missing, no adoptive parents for Supergirl because thete is no Supergirl, no Brainiac and other things.  Did Supergirl just arrive where Kara Zor-L is or is Brainiac going to zap Supergirl to the Earth where Power Girl i in two weeks?  Also how old is Supergirl (Kara Zor-El here?  Is she the same age as Kara Zor-L or a bit older or even a bit younger?  It was Power Girl who saved Lex Luthor and not Supergirl.  No knows who Power Girl (Kara) is except maybe Lex Luthor who is from an alternate Earth.)

IC -"Uber???  What is a Uber, Lois?  I never heard of that word before. I thought that you would come with me in order for you to  adopt me, Lois."  Linda Lee Kent looked very sad indeed and was worried over the matter.  "I hope he can help.  Mr.Wayne said he could."   Linda fought back the tears when Lois left.  "She had no idea what a Uber was.  Was it some kind of bicycle?  Did Lois forget that she, Kara, has been other Earths, and time periods,she just recently arrived on this Earth yesterday.  She never heard of Uber and Lois didn't explain to her what it was.  If she flew over there she would easily get there on time.  She didn't want to be late for this very important appointment.  What was she to do?   She felt lost all over again.  She wished someone could help her but she didn't know anyone in this apartment building at all.  She didn't even know the Daily Planet phone number.  Why did Lois have to leave when she needed her now.?  Kara, as Linda Lee Kent, sat on a chair and sob quietly from frustration."

• 4 weeks later...

((OOC: Who’s Batman? Oh and can I bring my storyline in here. Just a few supernatural things… a banshee, a poltergeist, a wraith, and other things Harry Dresden gets stuck fighting. But umm… hi))

Aeron watched the city of Gotham from atop her normal building.

Things were about to change in this Gotham, because some child decided to time travel to alter an outcome in HIS/HER universe. The child’s timing could not have been better, because he/she had done so when the wall between the living and dead was thin. Humans called the peak night, ‘All Hallows Eve.’ 

The consequences were only going to get worse with time if Aeron didn’t get the lines of fate straightened out. One of the lines was blurred from her vision, but she knew enough to be concerned that one particular individual was stupid enough to try and fight with the supernatural. 

The Batman… Aeron would do her best to keep straightening out the lines of fate to get the doors closed between the living and the dead.  

She knew that the wizards of this timeline were doing their best. It had been a struggle to get them to understand that war was at hand, especially with no Harry Dresden. 

The time ripple had altered events for him and the Guardians of Fate were working hard to straighten those lines out as quickly as possible. 

It was a lot of work that needed to be done to fix what the time traveler altered, but until that happened she was going to have to stay vigilant and watch the Black Knight. 

Aeron lit a cigarette and looked up at the night sky as a thunderstorm rolled in. A smile crept across her lips as she watched the exchange of energy.

This was no ordinary thunderstorm, it was all part of the correction process. Aeron wondered if any of the humans would notice that the lightning wasn’t quite right. 

(I've been NPCing Bats....)

Clearly Bruce Wayne was watchig over this would-be charge as a long, lanky limo  parked out in front of the apartment.  It was not Alfred behind the wheel but a young fella with dark skin and flyaway afro, though he did wear the more proper driving hat and overcoat as he stepped up to the stoop, having an exchange with the doorman that minded the building during the day.  Soon the buzzer rang up at Lois's apartment.  "Miss... Lang?  Your ride has arrived."

((OOC: Poor Batman. He’s not gonna like me.))

Batman had been on the prowl after some nasty creatures that had been causing some trouble. The descriptions of these things were nothing like he had ever heard of and from what the database said they were not human. 

“Alfred, are you quite sure this thing is called a Banshee?” Batman asked into his coms as he circled the block looking for the nefarious woman who had apparently screamed people to death. 

“Yes, sir. Please do use your ear plugs,” Alfred responded. “You should be approaching the last reported sighting.”

Batman cut off the engine to the Batmobile and vaulted out of sliding top. The top closed behind him as he made sure his ears were protected. 

Based on the reports given, this was a woman floating in the air singing a pleasant tune to lure in unsuspecting victims. Witnesses had said that once she lured in her victims she would turn into the librarian ghost from Ghost Busters and scream at her victims causing them to fall over dead. The post mortem would show that the person had indeed been frightened to death.

Batman came to a halt when he rounded the corner and tucked himself into the shadows.

He had indeed found the banshee in her full woman in white form with hair spiked up black and white like the bride of Frankenstein. The banshee’s target was was a lean, taller than average woman with short spiked red hair and angry green eyes. The woman was very much alive and dodging the banshee with ease. 
IMG_0687.jpeg

The woman faulted herself into the air and was engulfed in a bright white light. She emerged in full plate, bright, shining armor and wings from her back. Holding a broadsword high over her head, she brought it down slicing the Banshee in half as she traveled to the ground. 
IMG_0345_Original.jpeg

Landing on the ground with knees bent, the woman lifted the broadsword and stood before returning it to the scabbard. The bright light, shining armor, and wings all faded away leaving the woman standing over the corpse with her head canted to the side. 

She reached into her leather trench coat, stuck a cigarette between her lips, lit a match connected to a match book, lit her cigarette, and dropped the book of burning matches on the corpse. The remains are quickly engulfed in flames.  

“What was that?” Batman mused. 

“I’m not sure Master Bruce, but if I had to hazard a guess, a Valkyrie,” Alfred responded in his com. 

The woman turned and looked right at Batman. Batman stepped out from his cover and walked toward her.  The woman dropped her cigarette into the dwindling fire and turned to walk away. 

“Wait,” he said. 

The woman stopped, her head lowered, and looked up at him from under her raised brows. She had gone from bold and brave to submissive and afraid. Her eyes watching him like a cornered animal. 

“I won’t hurt you,” Batman said raising his hands slightly and keeping eye contact with her. The more he looked at her the more he was struck by her beauty. 

“I know,” she said quietly. “But I cannot,” she said shaking her head ‘no’. 

“You cannot what?” The statements had piqued his curiosity. 

“I cannot talk to you,” she said shaking her head.  “I should not be here with you and I should not talk to you.” The woman gave him a pleading look, but didn’t move as though she was frozen in place like a deer in headlights.

“Who are you?” Batman heard himself say. 

“I am Aeron,” she bit her lower lip. “Please go home and do not leave.”

”What is happening?”

”I have said too much,” Aeron said as she  dropped her head and backed away. 

“Master Bruce your guests will be arriving shortly.  You should return,” Alfred said in his ear. 

“Soon we can talk,” Aeron said with a little nod before she turned and hurried out of sight. 

“On my way,” Batman said Aeron retreated. He turned and headed back to the Batmobile and began the drive home. 

(OCC - I'm pretty sure that you cannot play The Batman, nor Alfred, because they belong to the Owner and the Administrator to this RPG.  No godmodding here. That's a definite no no.  It's like chess or checkers.  You make a move and then they make a move.  This is not a story but a RPG.  Cptdragon 9 is in charge of it.)                                                                                                       IC - Linda glanced up when she heard the voice and stopped sobbing from her frustration and depression.  She threw water on her face and made sure she looked very proper, attractive and neat as Linda Lee Kent.  She made sure her wig and glasses were on right.  Linda grabbed her large purse that had her boots, some money, about $250.00, comb and other things in it and went downstairs, in a normal human teenage girl walk speed, after locking the door to the apartment.                                                                                                                                     She gave a friendly, nice smile to the the dark skin, young fella with the flyaway afro.  "Are you, Mr. Uber?  My name is Linda Lee Kent and Lois Lane must have called you up for me.  It's not Lang although I knew a Lana Lang.  She was a very good and close friend of mine.  I miss her a lot.  Do you know how to get to Mr. Bruce Wayne's manor in Gotham City, Mr. Uber?  He is expecting me and I have not been driven there before.  I wish I can be more helpful but I feel kind of lost here.  I'm very new to the city of Metropolis.  Hopefully, I will attend the high school here."  

(I've given Carol a little leeway to get her charrie in. so yes, she can.  She might be taking over Batman anyhow.  We've been discussing this off the boards)

"Mr Uber" thought about correcting the young woman, but it seemed he wasn't going to get a word in edgewise and merely opened the door to the back, closing the door behind her beofre sliding into the driver's seat.  The dark glass divider was already rolled up, making any further conversation with his passenger moot.  He double checked the paper on the dashboard before making a short call, reaffirming who he was supposed to collect.  A short nodd and the man pulled out into the morning traffic.

Kara would find a continental breakfast with pastries, orange juice, milk and cereals with some fresh fruit.  Between the plush ride and the steady hand of the driver, she would feel comfortable enough to pour a glass without risk of spilling.  On the radio was big band music from the 40's; perhaps her benefactor had been listening enough to notice that she was indeed out of snych when it came to time and was trying to make her more comfortable.  There was also a copy of the Gotham Magazine, more of cosmopolitan spread than anything of actual news.  It would give Kara a glimpse of social life and dress, Proper social ettiquette (not any of the Hollywood nonsense)...

(OOC - I was not aware that you have been talking to Carol about any of this.  No one has informed me on what is going on here off the boards.)                                                                                 

IC - Linda, didn't have to eat, since she was a Kryptonian, but it was polite and good manners to do so considering he left this breakfast for her to eat.  Therefore, she ate and drank everything that was given to her for this breakfast that was given to her.  She listened to the big band music from the 40's and smiled for she enjoyed it a lot.  Of course, she was from the early 1930's on her Earth for music.  She even liked the music the Kents had from the 1910's to 1920's in their record collection. She danced with Lana Lang, and the other Smaalville girls, from the music of the jukebox in 1932.  She loved the vaudeville shows and barn dances and hay rides.  Going to the county and state fairs and winning some contests. Riding her white horse Comet.  Petting her cat Streaky.  Let's face it, she enjoyed being a small town, country farm girl.  Now she was here on this Earth after being on so many, many different Earths.  That may be why she just wasn't sure of her real age.  Was she still 14 but now 15?  Power Girl, Kara Zor-L, at 15 and Linda Lee Kent at 16.  She may never know.                                   

Linda picked up the copy of the Gotham Magazine and began to study it. She educated herself about the social life, dress and the proper social etiquette and memorized everything using her super brain, memorization and instant recall.  Did the city of Metropolis have the same things as Gotham City?  They were definitely different when compared to her Smallville.  She knew, and she no great detective like her hero Sherlock Holmes, who she actually met on a different Earth, or this Batman, who she met various ones, but she was sure it was Mr. Bruce Wayne who set this up for her.  No one else knew, except for Lois Lane, her likes and dislikes.  About her past and the Earth and time period she came from.  About her hard it was for her to fit in because every Earth was different.  Linda felt she was some kind of pin ball in a machine bouncing off from so many different Earths and time periods hoping this would be the last one.  She was tired of going "POOF" and starting all over again and relearning once more.  She really did wish she could go home but something inside her told her that was not to be.  She did also wish that this Mr. Uber was a bit more friendly and talkative to her.  Linda hated being ignored and people who were snooty and stuck up towards her because she was different.  She could feel she was getting a bit sad, depressed and missing her home, family and friends and all this constant Earth jumping.  Her eyes began to water and some tears fell. 

Batman had returned home.  

He had taken samples of the scorched remains of the Banshee to analyze later. The logical part of his mind would not accept anything other than a scientific explanation of his experience. 

Batman had settled in front of his mainframe interface and was putting the finishing touches on a subroutine when Alfred entered. 

“Miss Lane’s friend will be arriving shortly. The documents are in your office,” Alfred said.

Batman hit the return key and released his mainframe to process the massive query of all the databases he could think of. He stood up from his chair and walked over to the stairs. 

“Thank you Alfred,” he said as he headed upstairs to his bedroom.  It was time to be Bruce Wayne, billionaire playboy with a foot in the seedy underbelly. 

Batman picked a black Armani suit with its designated tie and shirt. He went into the bathroom to freshen up before he got dressed. When he returned to his suit, a red flower was pinned to the lapel.  

Flowers were not something Brice Wayne normal wore, so it was out of place.  The flower was a beautiful rose that had darker edges than the inside of the petals. Even though he wasn’t sure where the flower had come from, Batman decided to analyze it later.

Batman dressed and headed downstairs to his office. He met Alfred on the way and paused to let him brush any dust or loose hairs from his coat. 

“I see the master has chosen a flower for his coat,” Alfred paused studying it. “This is not one of the varieties we have at the manor, sir.”

”I know Alfred,” Batman said looking at him. “I have my suspicions, but I will handle it later. Where is the car?”

”It should be arriving momentarily, sir,” Alfred responded as he followed Batman into his office/study. 

Batman sat at his desk, picked up the Gotham Gazette, and picked up his coffee taking a sip. 

((I’ll let dawn bring in the car))

The drive that wound from the city to the outer countryside would show why Mr Wayne had precious few guests at the house.  The brush was thick and wild and desolate until they reached the mansion.  While the walls and building were in prime shape (along with state-of-the-art serveillance) the lawn looked as if it needed a good mow, and weeds were encroaching along the edges.  Trees needed trimming.  The roses looked as if they needed a good feed.  "uber" swing the limo into the drive that seemed to magically open up without the need of checking in at the gate, which clang shut behind them.  The drive wound through the ill-kept foliage before rolling down and into the underground parking lot as a garage door rolled up without prompting, again closing behind them with a solid thunk.

"Uber" stepped out of the limo and walked around to where Kara sat, opening her door and gesturing for her to step out, just as Alfred himself stepped out of the elevator to meet her.  "I trust your trip was uneventful?" he asked her.

Alfred walked out of the front door to await the guest.  He nodded to the driver who had become quite a valuable asset as of recent.

Meanwhile, Bruce waited in his office/library. 

(My chromebook went dead so I am using my phone.  I may not say much here until I get a new one. )

Linda Lee Kent got out from the limo and gave a friendly smile.  "Thank you, Mr. Uber, for the pleasant ride.  I did enjoy the music and the breakfast."  

"Good morning, Alfred", returned Linda cheerfully.  "Yes, it was uneventful though the music did bring back memories of my days of dancing with a few girlfriends at the jukebox and having strawberry shakes after school.  I truly miss my Smallville and my home.  The old saying is quite true.  There's no place like home.  Still, I do realize that I have to start all over again in a new place with new people."  

She paused and spoke again.  "I guess I should see Mr. Wayne now since he is waiting for me.  It would be quite rude of me to keep him from not doing that promptly.  I have a bad habit of babbling due to my loneliness and I really do want to make friends with people.  Please forgive me if I am offending you, Alfred.  It is not intentional."

((Oof… I use my phone more than anything lately with  my writing. I think it’s because I can curl up in my bed with it. 😂… if there’s color, I used a computer. 🤣))

“Quite alright Ms. Kent, please follow me,” Alfred said with a slight bow and gesture of his arm. “Master Wayne has been expecting you in his office,” he said as he led Kara through the long entry hall, up a wide stair case, over a landing, down a hall, before stopping outside a closed door. 

Alfred led Kara past many pantings, artifacts, relics, and various armaments from various counties and ages. 

Alfred knocked on the door before opening it. He gestured Kara into the room, but remained at the door like a sentinel. 

“Ms. Kent to see you Master Bruce,” Alfred said as he watched Bruce and awaited further instruction. 

“Ms. Kent,” Bruce set down his newspaper and stood from his desk. He walked around and offered Kara his hand. “I’m Bruce Wayne, Welcome to Wayne Manor.  Would you like something to eat or drink? Alfred can bring you anything you would like.”

As Bruce spoke, Alfred entered the room and refilled Bruce’s coffee before returning to his post at the door. 

(OCC - Please read all of "Worlds Collide".  Cptdragon 9 (Dawn) and I began this on Nov 2020 and I would hate to throw all of this world we wrote about thrown out the window.  It is all about the Earth the teenage Kara Zor-L is now on.  It is 7 pages of written work.  Please read the beginning of "Off To See The Bat Wizard" also.  Linda Lee Kent has already met Alfred and Bruce Wayne in "World's Collide".  It was not exactly a friendly greeting with Alfred pointing a shotgun at Linda's ribcage and ready to fire it at her.  He thought she could be a reporter or someone else.  She did speak to Bruce Wayne shortly afterwards too.  This Earth Kara is on a mixture of Marvel/DC comics.  There is a Daily Bugle right next to the Daily Planet.  There are really no active superheroes here at all nor supervillains.  The history on this Earth is totally different.  There is no Superman nor Supergirl nor Flash nor Justice League nor Teen Titans and so on.  Bruce Wayne knows about Tony Stark and Professor X and his school.  Bruce did offer Linda a part time job at Wayne Industries and a paid apartment if she worked or went to school in Gotham.  Kara believes Lois is adopting her and will be attending high school in Metropolis.  She needs ID's, birth certificate, other papers and proof that Linda Lee Kent does exist on this Earth.  A past history for Linda too.  Maybe a horrible disaster destroyed her small home town, her parents and records of her birth, education and so on.)  

IC - Linda blinked.  "Mr. Wayne, I must admit this is a most different reception since the last time that I came here.  Alfred had a shotgun pointed at my ribcage when he first greeted me.  Don't you remember meeting me at all?  It was just the other day here in another room."  She paused and addressed Alfred.  "I'll have a glass of milk, Alfred, please." 

She returned to Bruce.  I was to pick up various documents that would prove of my existence here as Linda Lee Kent.  Lois Lane said she wanted to adopt me too.  Has something changed in preventing this?  Lois said my age should be 16 as Linda.  This way, I can learn how to drive a car.  I can't do that as a 15 year old or younger.

I must say that is a nice flower that you are wearing.  A rose, isn't it?" 

(OCC - Linda (Kara) would be devastated and depressed if Lois suddenly changed her mind and decided not to adopt her because she would be too busy in Washington DC and looking after as a reporter for Lex Luthor who may be the next President since Superman left the Earth and never came back. Linda was going to stay and live at her's and Clark's apartment and attend Metropolis High School.  Is Bruce Wayne going to adopt Linda Lee Kent instead if Lois can't?  Is Dawn (Cptdragon9) going to write more here or did she leave this storyline?  Will Lois Lane return here or will she be too busy to care about Linda (Kara) properly as a foster mother?)

((With my added time ripple I decided it was time for a bit of Pennyworth magic as well. Alfred has people. He’s ex SAS, MI6, helped in the London independence war as a third party, ran a successful private security firm that dealt in espionage, breaking people out of the Tower of London, and stopping a nuclear type weapon from completely destroying London))

“No, no… everything is in order with the documents.  Alfred has the world’s best on the documents.  In fact, the documents are nearly complete. We just need a photograph to complete the license and passport,” Bruce gestured to the other side of the room where Alfred was pulling down an old school Photographer’s back drop screen. The screen was the fabulous shade of blue no one ever wants to paint their walls. 

Alfred stepped over to strange looking photo device and gestured to where she needed to stand for the quick photo.  He was holding a notecard up. 

“No smiling, no looking happy, no frowning, no looking unhappy, no emotions, just look straight ahead,” Alfred paused and flipped over the card, it was quite clear he had not read all of the  words. “Do not blink.” 

“I take it you are paraphrasing,” Bruce said with a smirk. Any child raised by Bet Sykes would have used very colorful language. 

“Master Bruce, would you prefer I bring in young Mistress Sykes for the photograph?” Alfred said with with his brows raised knowing darn well the difficulties of working with the Sykes women. 

“No Alfred, it’s fine,” Bruce said with a smirk as he held back a laugh. 

Alfred offered no sign of being entertained by the conversation and patiently waited for Ms. Kent. 

Bruce looked at the rose on his lapel, the item had nearly slipped his mind. He touched it softly with his finger tips. “It is a rose. A very interesting one,” He remarked thoughtfully. 

((CaptDragon9, Dawn is still doing Lois, etc.  I just snagged Batman and Alfred, or Alfie. :P))

(OOC - Okay, Dawn will be back as Lois.  I have no idea what is going on here.  I had a thought that she left the RP for good and that you took her place.  I'm not sure if my character was going to return to Metropolis, live in Clark's and Lois apartment and attend high school in that city.  Even buying and driving a car.  (This was why Lois advised Kara that Linda Lee Kent should be 16 and Power Girl, 15. Kara hopes she is not still 14.  She ages differently than Earth humans.  Earth people ages a lot, lot faster than Kryptonians.)  For a moment, I thought that Linda Lee Kent would be the new ward for Bruce Wayne and the new partner for The Batman.  A super Robin or Batgirl?  Will Linda Lee Kent (Kara Zor-L) be sticking around in Gotham City for awhile?  She would love to assist The Batman on a case.)

IC -  "In other words, be like a Vulcan when posing for this picture.  Does this Earth ever had a TV series called "Star Trek"?  I thoroughly enjoyed watching that series.  I appeared on one Earth in the mid-60' s."  Linda went to the spot where was asked to stand for the photo and posed exactly for it which was requested of her.  She didn't want to cause any kind of trouble here.  They were doing her a big favor here.  Officially, she didn't exist on this Earth or in this universe for that matter.  

After the picture, she used her microscopic vision and super vision on the rose which Bruce was wearing.  She wanted to learn more about it since she was a scientist daughter.  (Does she see anything weird about it that she should tell Bruce about and warn him?)

((As far as I know, that’s supposed to continue as it was. Dawn is somewhere… she told me to do documents… so I’m doing that.))

Alfred shuffled out of the room with the output from strange camera device. 

The rose seems innocuous. It is a normal rose from a plant by all accounts. The only thing unusual is that is an unknown hybrid. 

Alfred returned, packing away the camera, and screen carrying them out of the room. 

“Are you sure you wouldn’t care for some sort of refreshment Ms. Kent,” Alfred said returning to the room. 

Bruce picked up his coffee and took a sip. “Was the photograph satisfactory for Miss Skyes?” 

Alfred nodded. “She said it was sufficient and for me to return in,” he paused looking at his pocket watch. “About five minutes, but I will return to check on her. She does have her mother’s temperament.”

”Alfie,” a woman said with a rough lower class English accent. Alfred and Bruce turned their eyes to the woman standing in the door.  She was a little bit older than Bruce, but her makeup was beautifully done making her flawless. Her hair perfectly styled into a French twist. She’s wearing what must be the Armani equivalent of a women’s skirt suit that is perfectly tailored to her body shape. Her stockings match the color of her skirt. Her tall boots are perfectly polished and match the handbag over her arm hanging at her elbow. The earrings and necklace match perfectly. Her facial expression is that of mild boredom. “Got yer papers,” she said holding them out to Alfred. 

“Julie,” Alfred’s voice changed a bit to a more common less refined British accent. “You an’ Bet never disappoint.” He pulled a brown envelope from his coat pocket.  Alfred took the paperwork and handed her the envelope of money. 

“Anything for you Alfie,” she smiled coyly as she took the money and put it in her hand bang. “Me and mum owe ya everythin’,” she gave him a genuine smile and a light pat on his upper arm. 

Alfred tucked the paperwork under his arm before stuffing his hands in his pants pockets as he watched Julie exit the house, a smile playing on his lips as he remembered the days of old. A time when he had a wife and Bruce had an older sister. 

A sigh escaped him as he pulled his hands from his pockets, put the paperwork in his hand, and walked it over to Bruce. 

“Master Bruce, the paperwork you requested,” Alfred said holding the paperwork out to him. 

Bruce set his coffee cup down and accepted the papers.  He thumbed through them walking over to Ms. Kent. 

“Birth Certificate,” he said passing her a yellow piece of paper to her. “Foster care records,” Bruce passed an envelope full of papers to her. “Adoption certificate for Ms. Lane,” he passed group of legal documents all perfectly put together. “Your passport,” he passed her a small blue book. Bruce smiled holding up the small card. “This is a very big responsibility,” he smirked as he passed her driving card. 

“I hope Lois has a nice sweet sixteen planned for you,” Bruce chuckled as he  picked up his coffee cup and emptied it before setting it down. 

“Mistress Bet has already placed the foster records into the foster care system for you,” Alfred added. “Everything we have supplied you is not only accurate in appearance, but will be put into the systems as well. Mistresses Bet and Julie are very thorough.”

”Which makes everything we have provided you with better than your average forgeries.  If we have forgotten any documentation, send us a message and we can get it for you.”

Linda raised an eyebrow.  She did request a glass of milk from Alfred.  How could he forget that?  "Yes, Alfred.  May I please have a glass of milk to drink as I review these papers and documents that I just received from Mr. Wayne."  

She then spoke to Bruce.  "Mr. Wayne, what is exactly my past history?  Where did I come from and who were my parents and where was I for foster care?  Was that town destroyed and everything was lost?"  

Linda Lee Kent paused checked as she things over.  She then asked him.  "Why am I being addressed as Ms. Kent and not Miss Kent?  The proper way to address a young lady is Miss.  A married woman is Mrs.  There is no such word as Ms.   Please call me Miss Kent because that is who I am.  I do thank you very much for all you have done for me.  It was very kind of you and Alfred.  I will be glad to cook a nice country dinner for you two.  I was not aware that you had all these women working for you."

She stopped again and then said.  "Is it possible that you can take off that rose and hand it to me so that I can inspect it close up.  It is most unusual and unknown.  Sometimes when it is unknown, it is the most dangerous."

(Ms. Is said like Miss. It’s used in writing when you’re not sure if someone is a Miss or a Mrs.))

“Apologies, miss,” Alfred ducked out and quickly returned with the milk. The phone rang and he stepped over to answer it. “Wayne residence. Please hold,” he placed the caller on hold returning the phone to the receiver. “Pardon me Master Bruce,” was all he said before ducking out of the room to take the call somewhere else. 

Bruce shook his head slowly with a smile crossing his face.  He could remember when Alfred had given up his life when he had taken over raising Bruce. A life that had kept Alfred connected for a very long time. Alfred may not be able to do the physical work anymore, but he still possessed one of the greatest minds for making a plan. 

Bruce knew that he was in the other room talking like the Alfie all his old friends knew. 

"Thank you, Alfred, for the milk", smiled Linda.  "It is very kind of you to bring it to me."  She then turned her attention back to Bruce Wayne.  "Mr. Wayne, Bruce, please humor me on this strange request from me.  It 's just that I am worrying for your safety.  Please take off that rose from your lapel and put it on that table over there.  See if you can do it, please.  By chance, is there a villainess named Poison Ivy,

on this Earth, or anyone that control plants? " 

Bruce looked at the rose. He opened a desk drawer, took out a paper bag, and some gloves. He pulled on the black nitrile latex-free gloves, carefully removed the flower, and dropped it into the paper bag closing it. Carefully, Bruce set the bag aside on another table before removing and throwing the gloves away. 

“I have heard that Poison Ivy has run off with Harley Quinn,” Bruce looked at the paper for a moment. “But that seems to be the least of the Gotham’s problems at the moment.  

“Recently, there have been a rise in confirmed paranormal activity throughout the city. It’s causing quite a stir… churches, temples, and mosques are filling up. People seem to be keeping to themselves and indoors, including the average criminal,” Bruce said with a sigh. 

A storm of great electricity began to gather outside Wayne Manor and over Gotham City. The electrical charges jumped from cloud to cloud, sometimes from the ground to the sky.  The charges looked like heat lightning, but the thunder that echoed said differently. 

Bruce stood up and looked outside his window. He pressed his hand to his chin in thought. This was no normal weather pattern. 

“Master Bruce,” Alfred returned. “There was nothing on the weather about a storm. I looked into those things you asked about, and it would seem that all of this is indeed of a supernatural phenomenon.”

The phone rang. Alfred picked it up. 

“Danny boy,” Alfred said in a lower class British accent. “Stay on it,” he paused. “And don’t get drunk.” Alfred hung up

the phone. 

Bruce looked over his shoulder and regarding Alfred. “I don’t think that works on Irishmen,” Bruce said with a smirk. 

“I can try Master Bruce,” Alfred said with a shrug. “Danny’s son is trying to track the storm. Don’t forget you have that dinner party this evening.”

Bruce groaned and ran his palm over his forehead. “Lex Luthor is going to probably try to spin all of this and use it for his campaign trail.”

”That is his nature, sir,” Alfred responded before turning to listen. He paused and the knock on the front door came again. “Are you expecting more guests, Master Bruce?” Alfred asked as he headed for the door, grabbing a sig pistol from a hiding place he approached the door.

Looking through a window, Alfred saw a woman at the door. He furrowed his brow and settled the gun in his left hand.  Alfred held it behind the door as he opened it. 

“Can I help you, madam?” Alfred asked in a polite tone. 

The woman was dressed up like a 1940’s pinup girl. A tight fitting dress with black back drop with red cherries, red high heels, skin tone stockings, raven black hair curled back from her face, her lipstick was a dark red, and her hand bag on her arm matched her heels. The woman regarded Alfred with her blue eye and offered him one of her best smiles. 

“I’ve come to see Mr. Bruce Wayne regarding a matter he and I discussed last evening,” the woman said with a polite smile. 

Alfred had a feeling that this woman looked familiar, but the get up she was wearing felt all wrong. He decided to err on the side of caution. 

“Master Bruce is not seeing any guests at the moment.  If I could get your name and a way for him to contact you, I will have him return your call,” Alfred said formally. 

The woman sized up Alfred looking at him from head to toe. She casually popped open her hand bag, withdrew a cigarette case, and a matching lighter. She plopped a cigarette between her lips, closed the cigarette case and returned it to her purse, she clicked the lighter, lighting her cigarette before returning the lighter her to her purse, and snapped the hand bag closed. 

Slowly, she exhaled the smoke and looked gave Alfred a knowing look. 

“I did my best to be polite about this, Alfie,” she paused wrinkling her nose. “Now, do us both a favor and put away that Sig. Tell your Master Bruce I shall be remaining in town a few more days, but that wizard is back and the fae courts are settling some disputes,” she said gesturing to the strange storm clouds. “Remind him I told him to stay home, and that goes for anyone else in this city.” 

The woman finished the cigarette, dropped it to the ground, snubbed it out with her toe before turning and walking away. Alfred blinked and both the woman and the cigarette butt had disappeared. 

Alfred closed the door, returned his sig pistol to its hiding place before returned to Bruce’s office.  

“The woman says the Wizard is back and wishes to remind us to stay home,” Alfred said. 

Bruce nodded. He looked at the paper bag with the rose in it, before looking back outside at the raging storm. 

Linda observed and listened to all between that strange woman, using her powers, and was ready to come to Alfred's rescue.  "Now that was weird.  The Wizard?  Fae Courts?  I take it that staying inside means me too.  Real magic is a weakness of mine.  I got hit by a most powerful magical bolt once and I was half damaged by it.  I was quite stunned and dazed by it.  Wobbled a lot when I stood up and I really couldn't fight for a few minutes.  Had to regain my strength from that magical bolt."  

The very tall, lovely, busty disguised Kryptonian then had a thought.  "There could be innocent people out there under that magical storm.  They may need help.  Perhaps, I should go rescue them.  If you want, Mr. Wayne, I can fly you to that dinner party.   Personally, I don't like Lex Luthor."  She paused once more.  "Is that rose still in that bag?  Has it changed any?"  

Linda went to the window and used her super visions to see if anyone needed help.  True magic was a weakness but it was her duty to help and rescue others.  

(Does anyone need help or be rescued?  Is the rose still in the bag or did it change form?)

Bruce knew that the message had come from the strange woman from the other night.  When Linda mentioned the rose, he opened the brown paper bag and looked at the flower.  Nothing had changed. He set the bag down. 

Who was this wizard? What did she mean by fae? And did she want him to stay home?

Bruce turned leaning against the desk his arms folded over his broad chest. 

“I wish I knew what she meant,” Bruce finally said aloud. 

The doorbell rang. Bruce pushed off the desk and headed for the door, pushing past Alfred. If the woman had returned, Bruce was going to want some answers. 

When Bruce opened the front door, he was not greeted by the woman from before. Instead a tall, skinny man in an oil skin duster with shaggy brown hair and a five o’clock shadow stood before him. The man held what appeared to be a carved walking stick and a knapsack. 

“Yes,” Bruce said looking the man over. 

“I’m looking for Bruce Wayne,” the man held out a business card. “Harry Dresden, Professional Wizard,” he said as Bruce read the business card and cocked his brow. 

IMG_0793.jpeg

The wizard.

”I was told to come here by Aeron to find Bruce Wayne,” Harry said trying to fill the quiet under Bruce’s ice cold stare. 

“I am Bruce Wayne,” he said stepping back and gesturing for Harry to enter. He looked around outside the door before closing it.

Harry stepped into the massive entry hall and stopped looking over at Alfred, who was holding the sig auto pistol behind his back. 

“Harry Dresden,” he said with a nod. “Nice place. Have you ever had any trouble with hauntings?”

”Should we expect more visitors?” Alfred asked Harry. 

“Aeron said she’d be here,” Harry said with a shrug. “She’s a bit like the fae though, just pops up when you least expect it.”

Alfred and Bruce exchanged a look. 

“Let’s retire to the lounge, Alfred will take you there. I will join you in a moment,” Bruce said as he turned back to his office to get Linda to bring her to the lounge. 

Harry followed Alfred and gawked at the massive room with couches, a tv, a drinks cart, and many other modern technologies that he could never own. Magic and technology just don’t mix. Alfred went to turn on a lamp, but it flickered and buzzed before smoking like burning wires. 

“Sorry about that,” Harry apologized. “I gave that effect on technology.”

Alfred unplugged the lamp for good measure. Bruce came into the room with Linda. 

“Linda Kent,” Bruce began his introductions by looking at Linda before looking over to Harry.  “This is Harry Dresden, Wizard for Hire. Harry Dresden, this is Linda Kent,” he said finally gesturing you the young woman next to him. 

Bruce met with Alfred at the drinks cart picking up the bourbon on the rocks Alfred had made him. 

“Would anyone care for a drink?” Alfred asked looking around the room. 

Harry looked like he considered it for moment, but shook his head. “I would like a water, and some aspirin if that would be possible?”

Alfred nodded opening a drawer that was actually a refrigerator and pulling out a cold bottle of water. He opened an upper cabinet and pulled out a bottle of aspirin before taking them both over to Harry. 

Harry pulled out a couple of aspirin and popped them with the water. “Thanks.”

Alfred nodded before returning to his prior spot to put away the bottle of aspirin. 

Suddenly, the music began to play on an old console record player. It was 40’s big band music. Bruce and Alfred walked over the record player. Bruce opened the top to see the 33 playing and Alfred held up the plug. 

A few lights lit up, but it was a soft warm glow to go with the music playing. Bruce and Alfred looked at Harry, who shook his head.

“Don’t look at me,” Harry said. “My magic breaks electronic devices, it doesn’t make them work.”

Alfred nodded. “The lamp shorted when I turned it on,” he said gesturing told the lamp that was now alight despite being unplugged. 

“Good evening,” Aeron said as she stepped into the room from the sliding glass door. The music stopped, the lights went dark, and candles lit up around the room. “This may be a safer for all involved if Harry needs his magic.”

Bruce and Alfred turned to look at the woman. Harry just sat there shaking his head. She was still wearing her pinup outfit, and her hair was still long. She slid the door closed behind her. 

She crossed the room to where Harry had perched himself on the back of a couch and looked him over. “Head still hurting?”

”It does that when I getting attacked by giant walking plant monsters,” Harry responded sarcastically.

Aeron patted his shoulder. “It is your plight.” She looked over at Bruce, Alfred, and the to Linda, giving each one a nod. 

“I am Aeron of the Sisterhood of Fates. Time has been warped here and few things have been out of hand as a result. Things that I cannot explain,” she said looking at Bruce. “But Harry can,” she gestured to Harry. 

((I stopped here, because I had to go to sleep.  More to come… ))

((I have more posting to do… lol… Constantine might be helpful. Smahain is coming and the Wild Hunt is ready.  

((I’ve gotten into these fantasy romance books. The one I’m tearing through at the moment has a lot to do with Irish Celtic Folklore, which Jim Butcher has deeply steeped Harry Dresden into.  So, seemed logical to bring the Fae along… I don’t think I’m ready for Fomoire yet…

((I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve bitten off more than I can chew. lol))