Prologue

Solem'cleavu

Vashtalia...

Newborn nation of the Dragon Clans...

Much of the early history of the Vashtalian nation has been lost. Corrupted by the passage of time the histories written within these pages are just recounts from all that I have been able to gather both from old stories and from what our advisor, the Lord Clawrift, has been able to recount from those ancient times.

However despite the second-hand nature of these words I shall put down what is known as fact so that future generations shall know the story of Vashtalia's founding and the rule of her first ruler Lord Kelinium, Patriarch of the Solem'Cleavu Royal Family and grandfather of this nation's current King and my mate Lord Verlan...

As far as the founding of this glorius nation goes there really wasn't much to it from what Lord Clawrift has told me. The original settlers were searching for our goddess's seal when they had finally stumbled upon it on this land. The seal which marks the eternal resting place of our Goddess Vashtalia. This was determined to be the land of our continued existence as our borders were quickly marked and construction of the grand castle had been started on the ground that the Lady Vashtalia's seal was placed upon. This was done to protect the seal and the goddess's soul within. At the same time construction of the three Sub-capitols had been started above the seals of three more of our gods which serve under Lady Vashtalia.

Before construction had started however a leader must be chosen. Although it was Lord Kelinium who was leading the clans up until the settling a tournament of sorts was held to determine who should lead us as a nation rather than just a mere nomadic tribe. Lord Kelinium had won of course with Lord Clawrift being appointed as Royal Advisor and one other, a member of the Void Dragon Clans, was appointed to lead our military when it would be founded years later when a population was gathered. Thus the reason behind our national colors of red, gold, and black as those were the colors of the Dragon Clans that had originally founded this nation.

It would be some time before dragons from the other clans would come to this newfound land to live their lives and it would be some time before the various cities and capitols would be finished being constructed. However some things were obvious...

It is this nation that would become a beacon for those wishing peace from their local wars...

And it is this nation, which would eventually grow into the arcanic and military power that it is today...

May Vashtalia's Grace protect us until the end of time itself.

Excerpt from the journal of Lady Alania of Dragon Clan Solem'Cleavu

High Priestess, Historian, and Third Queen of the Vashtalian Nation

Edited by Solem'cleavu
reposted, permissions were out of whack

So I found Lady Alania's journal not too long ago and found the above passage and then asked Lord Claw about it.  Well after weeks and months of badgering him about it the old lizard finally caved and mentioned that he just gave that history to Lady Alania just to get her off his back!  Thing is he told her that story in such a straightforward and serious manner she just bought it at face value.  Understandable I guess as Lord Claw is pretty much the only Dragon alive today that was alive during that time period but still, by the blood of the Original 11 he then proceeded to say that part of the reason he spun that yarn of a tale of the Original 11 being our gods was because he was rather bored at the time and thought to mess with her. 

Not to mention that this nation was actually founded because Lord Kelinium was bored and thought to try his hand at running a nation and that the only reason the Solem'Cleavu line was even chosen as the rulers of this nation was because it was Lord Kelinium's idea to begin with and no one else wanted the job.  Bloody hells this is going to be a lot of work get all the historical documents corrected and amended.  You know what screw it, this is a future generation's problem, I'll just ignore it.  Have fun whoever reads this next!

On another note just how old is that damn Gold Dragon? - R of S'C

-Note found stuck to the above entry of the original manuscript during the 6th generation Solem'Cleavu reign

Year 800,549 during the month of Asmod in accordance with the Vashtalian Calendar

Suspected to have been left by Lady Rubia of clan Solem'Cleavu-