Siren visits home

~Siren looked out the window of her study at the beautiful frozen courtyard as she finished balancing her ledgers and placed them back in the desk drawer. She was about to start on some homework as she found she didn’t want to sit back down. She put a jacket and scarf on before heading outside. She decided a little walk through the village wouldn’t hurt and she walked out the gates and onto the frozen road. It looked like a crystal river leading to town and she smiled as her mood lifted. She knew that Junior did not enjoy the cold weather as much as she did but she felt good knowing that she could visit here and he trusted her enough to go to the castle to get deeper into his studies. She knew Lord Clawrift or one of the others would inform her when she needed to head back to delve into her magical studies. She decided to enjoy her day in the village laid out so beautifully before her. She thought to go to the blacksmiths store first. Maybe she could get something for Junior. A talisman or weapon he could enchant or some such sentimental gift.

• 2 weeks later...

Junior was ensconced in his room, wrapped in two cloaks, bent at the small desk as he scribbled down notes from one of the borrowed tomes.  While Siren loved the cold, it seemed he felt chilled all the time, even with the pot bellied stove he had installed in the study.  Giving a long sigh he set the quill down before turning to the window that looked out and down into the courtyard.  Of course she had felt her heading out before he looked out the window, watching as she headed into town.....

• 3 weeks later...

:::Siren was in the jewelry store. A small silver jewel encrusted goblet caught her eye. She pointed it out and slid into a stool to look it over. She finally decided not to buy it and leaving the store she thought about somehow getting her hands on a device Brimstone had once shown her called a heat lamp. She knew that Junior was always cold and she thought maybe a heat lamp would be a perfect gift for him. She went ahead and bought a small bag of coal to ratchet up the heat in his room and snagging two dinners at the Inn she turned back towards the castle when a shadow looked up out of nowhere. Siren screamed before she was hit on the head and her world went black. She was found crumpled up on the ground with coal and her food strewn around her.::::

Junior would have felt Siren's distress, even from the distance to the small town from their castle.  It was a half blur of black as he morphed into his true form, even as he wove the magic to teleport the distance to the town, appearing a few feet from where she had fallen.  Two leaps and he was hovering over her, thick heavy wings spread out to keep anyone back, even as he whipped his plated head about, looking to see who had assaulted her....

• 4 months later...

:::::Siren was laying crumpled in the snow, the snow beneath her head was red from the blow she had taken upon the head. There was nothing to see the snow looked untouched. It was odd how she had certainly been knocked out but the attacker had left nothing behind to help identify them. Siren had no enemies and she hadn’t angered anyone so who would have a motive to hurt her? There were many questions to ponder but Siren was going to get very sick or worse if she wasn’t brought in from the cold.:::::

The heavy plated dragon would have stood there forever it seemed until he felt Siren shiver under him, pulling him from his defensive mode into triage mode.  He careful wrapped his forelimbs around her, couching her against his scaly breast.  Another spell, another teleport, this time back to the castle to the infirmary.  He bellowed for help, perhaps 'pathing a bit too loudly  as he gently laid her out on the exam table, still hovering over her while he waiting for the healers.

Shortly after Junior would teleport out with Siren back to the castle another figure would arrive at the scene.  Having been flying on her way to the castle herself all the while complaining how her brother seemed to be more of a slave driver than their father was what with sending her out into what amounts to be the frozen north after finishing that business with hunting down the kids she had noticed Siren and Junior just before the young mutant teleported them both out of the area.  Kneeling down next to where Siren was laying after shifting back to her humanoid form Karla'ngel studied the area for some few minutes before nodding and then standing back up.  Afterwards she just started moving off in a seemingly random direction.

Back at the castle the priestess on duty in the infirmary had arrived less than a minute after Junior had brought Siren in.  As it happened this was a priestess that normally served duty in the castle infirmary back in the Vashtalian capitol, having been dispatched here to make sure the infirmary was up to standards as part of the re-integration of the crystal desert region with Vashtalia proper.  Quickly shooing Junior out of the way at that point as she started looking over Siren.  "So young one any idea what happened?"

• 2 weeks later...

((bumpity bump bump Junior was asked a question =P))

Junior 'pathed most of it, giving the priestess a visual montage of images and linked emotions; which probably would help the healer more than waiting for him to describe it all.  The distress call from Siren and her view of the shadow that he'd picked up from her mind.  The blood and bump on her noggin.  Her growing cold quickly (something odd for an ice dragon Junior thought.)  He did allow himself to be shooed back, a rather odd image of this little woman almost pushing the large heavy dragon backwards in the small space that was just large enough to deal with maybe 1 dragon.  Still he was not about to leave, not until he was sure she was alright

The priestess had merely nodded as Junior gave his take on the matter even while she healed up the head wound before tapping the girl on the forehead.  "Wake up young Siren you're fine now."

• 4 weeks later...

:::Siren’s lashes fluttered before rising to reveal her beautiful emerald eyes. She sat up and seeing Junior she smiled before replying softly….”Peace my love, be still. I’m ok. Do not fret so. What happened? I remember walking back and than a dark hovering shadow came up behind me. Before I could cast any spells it was right before me and then I was waking up here.” She frowned slightly as she tried to get a grip on herself and get her balance back. She then decided to just go to the living room as it were and rest in front of the fire. She was cold and being an ice dragon she had never really experienced cold but she now understood that Junior was going to need that heat lamp.:::::

The priestess just sighed a bit as she moved out of Siren's way even as she answered the girl's questions even as she followed her out of the room with the intent to continue observation for any residual effects.  "Well given that it is quite clear that you were attacked for some unknown reason.  Currently Karla'ngel is working on tracking your assailant as we speak so we should have some leads soon.  No doubt Lord Dracon or Lady Siren will have some words for you in regards to paying better attention to your surroundings once they arrive to take command of the situation.  Your nephews as well as your sister should be getting informed of the situation right about now as well."

::Siren looked up as the priestess spoke.. "My nephews are enough please don't tell my sister. She will be here roaring for revenge and causing all sorts of chaos. " Siren felt slightly dizzy so she got herself a seat quickly and took a deep breath. She wasn't even remotely happy at being lectured by Lady Seren as well as Lord Drac for being a complete fool for not paying attention but then the question came back to her. "Who would want to hurt her? Who had marked her as enemy on their lists?" She shivered slightly as she racked her brain but came up empty as she looked over to Junior communicating with him with just a look that she was scared and confused.:::::

• 2 weeks later...

"I do believe that whether your sister is told or not is entirely out of anyone's hands as she's already been informed but let Lady Serenity or Lord Dracon handle her.  Besides as a blood relation of yours she, just like your nephews, has a right to join in on this hunt.  As a dragon yourself Lady Siren you should know full well that the dragon clans do not take kindly to unprovoked attacks made against one of their own.  There are relatively few enough of you to begin with when compared to the other races of this world." 

The priestess had gone to make some tea at that moment.  Coming back with a tray holding a few cups and a pot she had set the whole thing down before proceeding to pour some tea into each of the cups and offering two of them to Siren and Junior before taking the third for herself.

Once Siren was conscious and alert Junior was able to calm down enough to change back into his human guise, He still shadowed his girlfriend, catching her when she felt faint and guiding her into the chair, then offer her the tea from the tray.  He may have been silent, but he was 'pathing all kinds of soothing.

:::: Siren had been listening to the priestess and she felt the soothing vibrations that Junior was pathing to her. But calm wasn’t to be as the doors flew open and Star walked in. “ Whew! Forgot how cold it gets here” She was concerned and upset but she wasn’t throwing a fit or hysterical. Her eyes were twin pits of blue fire. Star was furious that anyone would dare attack her family and in their homeland. “ Siren are you well?” Star had decided to check on her sister first before deciding if the criminal once found would be imprisoned or if she would execute them on the spot. The days of the slave traders were over and she would die before another ice dragon suffered her fate.::::

:::::Siren fell silent as her older sister came in. She looked up at her sister and she smiled as she answered softly”Star calm yourself. I’m fine. The priestess healed me. It was a bump on the head that is all. The others will be here soon and the search will get started, I suppose “ Siren wasn’t in the mood to entertain her sister in fact she was barely holding up her composure. She was scared and confused and all she wanted was to feel Junior’s arms around her letting her know that everything was ok.::::::

The priestess in question merely nodded along in agreement with Siren before she spoke up.  "Indeed it was a minor injury leaving us to wonder exactly what it was the attacker thought to get out of it.  Not that it matters much what their reasons and goals are anyway."

She did sigh a bit though as she looked at Star.  "On another topic however I have an academic question for you Miss Star.  How is it that you and Lady Siren can't handle the cold here?  This entire region was created by the Ice Dragon clans to begin with so as Ice Dragons yourselves both of you should be able to handle this level of cold without batting an eye."

Junior had almost felt the wave from Star seconds before she blew in and instinctively moved between Siren and her sister, especially when he felt how uneasy his mate was.  He continued to 'path happy thoughts, hoping that Star would cool down a few more tics.....

As the priestess waited for an answer to her question she did quirk a brow slightly before shaking her head.  "Well looks like Lady Serenity will be here shortly with Brimstone and Dante."

Sure enough there was a bit of a pop of displaced air as the three of them appeared in a clear area of the room.  Serenity immediately looking around before activating a barrier around the building.  Afterwards she made her way over to Siren and bopped the girl lightly on the top of the head.  Not enough to actually hurt but enough to get her point across.  "You really need to learn to keep an eye on your surroundings better.  Just because you're on your home turf is no excuse to be lax in your vigilance."

:::: Star looked at the priestess a moment before responding. “I’m not cold, I merely said that I forgot how the cold here packs a whallop. I’m an ice dragon but I live in Vashtalia close to the castle and Clawrift’s study. I love to read. So I suppose I forgot about how the cold feels.” She saw that Junior was hovering over Siren and gave the boy a smile. “Thank you for taking care of my little sister. She even approved the light bop and lecture given by Seren. “These young ones think they are invincible.” She jerked Dante off his feet and hugged him right. “Hello my sweet baby boy! Have you been good for your grandpa and the Old Woman ?” It was a rhetorical question and she knew that he knew it. She ruffled his hair and grinned as she saw his golden eyes start glowing. Star was a kidder and a tease as well as an incurable flirt. She fluttered her lashes “Don’t flash those beautiful golden eyes at me. I’m your mother and can do what I want.” She winked in greeting to Brimstone.::::

Siren:

::::she winced when she was bopped on the head and she bit her bottom lip when Seren took her to task for not being vigilant. “ I’m sorry about all the fuss guys but I’m perfectly fine. I don’t remember anything so I don’t know how I can be of anymore help.” She shrugged than went silent even as she smiled at her sister ruffling Dante’s feathers::::

Dante:

Ears still slightly ringing at the teleportation spell, he had barely clasped the amulet around his neck when he was hauled off his feet and hugged and cuddled and than his mom compounded his horror by calling him her baby boy and ruffling his hair. He grabbed onto his temper even as his eyes had begun to glow. He managed to get control of himself when he heard his mom’s veiled threat to knock him flat if he turned his talents on her. He didn’t respond to his mom just stood back and turned his attention to what was going on around them.::::

Brimstone probably would always have some discomfort when being 'ported about,  this time was just a little dizziness but nothing he couldn't weather.  Besides he was on the clock and he was already employing his talent, not so much to manage the wave of emotions, more just to take a pulse as to who might be in distress.  Despite the fact that somebody had dared to attack on of the dragons, and that everyone should have been hyped up and ready to hunt and full of blood rage; it seemed that things were calm.  Oh there still was an undercurrent of anger, but it wasn't full blown berserker rage, at least not yet.  For now he hung back, winking back to Star as he let the leads figure out what their next move would be.

Junior's level of stress was falling, now that there were more dragons present; folks that knew how to handle a crisis.  Even Dante seemed to be reigned in despite being smothered by his kin, so the mutant's anxiety was dropping as well.  He didn't know what his kin were planning but he Definitely wanted in on it, determined to mete out punishments for the person that dared to hurt his mate

• 2 months later...

:::A few short miles from where the dragons were gathering a small form slipped down behind the hill and scampered off with a grin. She would get a great reward and some money for tagging the girl. She had been told by her employer to tag as many of the beasts as possible. That in spring a great culling will occur and all the ones tagged would be safe from the hunters. She hated the idea that the dragons would be hunted and killed but her employer said it was a humans job to keep numbers under control or the world's order would be thrown into chaos and the beasts would starve or take full control. She skipped along merrily humming lightly as she set out a few traps determined to tag and save as many as possible. She was one of a handful of taggers in the nations that had been given this job and she meant to save as many as she could.:::::::

::Blue still felt the fizzing along the hairs on his arms as they were teleported but upon appearing he felt the tremors of both Dante, Junior, Siren, and his mother Star. He took a deep breath preparing to face everyone again. He gave Maurice a look that clearly said"Yay! the rest of the peanut gallery." ...."Lord Dracon I can understand why I am here as I am in the service and Siren is my Aunt and my mother doesn't ever listen to anyone but why are Grandpa Brimstone and my brother here???? I didn't know we were turning people's minds into pudding." Blue was speaking as if these incidents occured everyday but in reality he was worried about his aunt. Such a large gathering of Dragons made the situation seem more involved and like a larger plot was underfoot. Blue was reading all sorts of tensions and emotions and finally in a last ditch effort to shake away everything and concentrate he shuttered his thoughts and the snap of shutting everyone out was almost audible.:::