Dante's Field Trip

::Blue was curious as to where his brother was leading him. Dante had been extremely vague about where they were going but also extremely excited. So Blue had followed and was now staring off into a ghastly smelly place. The look of sheer triumph on his brother's face was too much as Blue replied darkly while scowling at his brother. "This is your exciting place? A smelly, muddy swamp!!!!!!" Are you insane! No one is supposed to be here. I have heard that people go into this swamp and never come out. I don't relish being snake food!" He was growing more irritated by the minute as the swamp bubbled and belched gases. He was all for sprouting his wings and getting the hell out of there but he saw his brother's face and knew escape would be futile. He was determined to scout out this swamp where even the adult dragons were afraid to go.:::::

::Dante gave his brother a warning look. I have five good reasons for you to enter these trees and they are all right here." He held up his fist at his brother as he grabbed his shirt and jerked him into the  stand of trees he was standing in. "Lower your voice you will scare off any wildlife or blow our cover if there are any scouts or guards or ruffians. Not that I am scared of ruffians or anything." Dante strode forward through the trees noticing that the ground was rather soft and he needed to concentrate on where he was walking. "Come on you big scaredy cat. Sometimes you act like a girl afraid to get your boots dirty."::::::::

Well the children seemed to have gotten their wish.  Well, maybe not so much as the two were soon shrouded in a globe of total darkness even as they heard a nearby voice.  This voice being heard both audibly and echoing slightly in their minds a clear indication that it was a dragon speaking to them.  "It would seem that our intruders are nothing more than a pair of children.  For what reason have you trespassed into the domain of the Void Dragon clans little ones?"

The direction of the voice always shifting to somewhere else, Was the source moving around or a part of the darkness that surrounded them even now?

:::That was it. Blue was in his true form and snarling at his brother..."Now look you stupid fool. We are in for it and it's all your fault!"::::

::Dante didn't change form like his brother or fly off the handle he gave his brother a withering look. Before replying calmly. ."I am Dante draconias  Windwalker. I am the son of Star windwalker and Ashmire. I am the student of Aurora. I am sorry we trespassed upon your clan's land. I was only curious as to why no one ever seems to come here and wanted to know what it looked like. With the name Wasteland of the Fallen Gods I simply couldn't resist. Please forgive my brother and his snarling he has deplorable manners being in the military and all" the dirt was only slightly swirling around Dante's feet .He was hoping that staying calm and level headed would be enough to show these people they truly meant no harm and he would keep his hide intact.::::::

• 2 weeks later...

"Hmm, I believe I've heard of the name Aurora before in conjunction with that young one named Dracon."  It was at that moment that the sphere of darkness that enveloped the boys dissipated.  Revealing directly in front of them a black dragon roughly 50 feet in length from nose to tail.  Wings held out slightly to the sides as it regarded the boys with what would seem to be a rather inquisitive look.  Lean in build it would seem that this dragon's body was built more for speed than raw power in combat.  Looking around them they would find several other dragons of varying sizes but all with the same jet black coloration as the one in front of them.

After what would seem like about a couple minutes more the dragon in front, presumably the leader of this particular pack, spoke up once again.  "I am Tyr'alus, current Matriarch of the Void Dragon clan Shadowclaw.  You have an odd hobby if you decided to come all the way out here simply because it seemed interesting to you and based off the name of this region at that.  Well let me make something clear here.  If you were looking for something interesting here then you are wasting your time so you can run along home now."

13602.jpg

::Dante Sighed..."I see, that is unfortunate. I was hoping to see animals and cultural differences here but as you have so clearly announced out departure." He gave the Dragoness a bow than changing forms before her eyes took to the skies roaring back at his brother to follow suit.:::

::Blue was off like a shot following swiftly behind his brother , he looked back once or twice to make sure they weren't being followed. He did not like that orb of darkness spell and his body was still on full alert. "That was a great idea Dante, lets jut go stomping through someone else's kingdom. You have to learn to start being more diplomatic and stop stepping on people's toes. If we had been invited than great but we were not and we were skulking around like two asses. I would not be surprised if ours were handed to us when we get back." Blue was very concerned with breaking rules but he knew his brother didn't give a damn.::::

Not long after the boys would leave would Tyr'alus motion to a couple of the others to keep an eye on the boys to make sure they didn't circle around and try to sneak back in.  Afterwards herself along with the rest of the dragons seemed to once again melt into the scenery as they themselves went back home.

In due time though a familiar dragon in the form of Karl'angel would make herself known to the boys midflight with a roar.  Circling around to fly alongside them she motioned to a spot on the ground for them to land before diving down herself to lead the way.  Shifting to her human form as she landed and awaited the boys to follow suit.

post-96-0-36417500-1322824407.jpg

::Dante heard the roar and seeing Karla he rolled his eyes but did as he was told. He arrowed down quickly and spiraling in he landed agile as a cat on his feet... He greeted Karla with a sheepish smile and a hopeful look that she wasn't angry. He knew that if she had been sent to fetch them more than just the Old Woman knew and he could expect a full length "What were you thinking" lecture for Lord Dracon. He hated those lectures he felt their disappointment like a burr and it made him moody and unable to concentrate .."Lady Karla, what brings you to the Wastelands today?" He would see if perhaps he was lucky enough to not be handed a lecture.:::::

::Blue heard the roar and the authority with which it ripped through the air and was down on the ground before Dante. He had to hand it to his brother, he was a smooth operator. He didn't speak or anything just stood there knowing that Karla was not happy about having to fly out and fins them and that Lord Dracon and Maurice and the Colonel were going to rip his ass for breaking ranks and not being where he was supposed to be. He was basically  awol right now and now this to top it all off was not going to be pretty.  Blue was so upset by everything hitting him in the face right now the boy was shaking even though he would deny it later he was scared.::::

Karla had just taken a moment to take stock of the boys as they stood there before she just shook her head with a sigh.  "First of all I don't know what you two are expecting from me but I was just sent out here to find the two of you at my big sister's request.  Seems Siren flew off the handle a bit when she noticed you two snuck out.  Now before I move on to what could possibly await you I just have a question I'd like to ask you two.  Why would you want to come all the way out here?  However, even before that..."

Karla had looked out behind the boys at that point.  "Look I know you two are over there so you can come out now.  Also you can let Lady Tyr know that Karl'angel of the Red Dragon Clan Solem'cleavu will be keeping an eye on these boys so she can go back to her nap.  I promise to not let them re-enter your territory."

Sure enough the air about 50ft behind the boys would shimmer and two of the void dragons that were with Tyr'Alus would come into view.  The larger of the two speaking up.  "Very well young daughter of the Solem'cleavu clan.  We will leave these trespassers to you."  

The smaller one seemed to have something to say about how easily the larger one gave up a duty assigned them by their matriarch but a look from the larger one prevented any misgivings from being voiced.  Both dragons turning around at that point and taking off back towards the wastelands.

::Dante snuck into the younger's one head at that moment just to see if he would be noticed by the dragon, he was showing no outward sign of his talent just a slight cant of his head as he really wanted to know what the younger one was going to say. He had half his attention on Karla as his brother went on to answer her question as Dante didn't immedietly answer.:::::

::Blue wanted a half beat and when Dante didn't answer he told Karla about Dante's so called field trip to  a place with the bad luck to be called the Wasteland of the Fallen Gods and that he had heard that it was a place most people didn't go and that they needed to go find out why. He then went silent as he saw his brother cant his head slightly at the two dragons flying away thankfully, Blue didn't even know they were there and he wasn't much for there so called magic.::::

It would seem that Dante's attempt was blocked all too easily as the smaller dragon stopped and turned around staring directly at Dante.  The only response the young one would get would be a simple two words echoing in his mind, "Too weak."  Before the dragon would turn back around and continue following the larger one and soon enough both were out of visual range. 

Karla for her part didn't miss a single bit of that as she just reached forward and bopped Dante on the head gently.  "Don't be rude." would be all that she would say before turning her attention to Blue and listening to what he had to say.  In the end she just signed once again.

"You boys really need a history lesson on the dragon clans so I'm going to schedule some time with old Claw for the both of you.  In fact I think I'll go include Siren on that as well since if it wasn't for her blowing her top I wouldn't have even been called all the way out here. Well I'll keep the description of that place short.  Basically that place is the resting place as well as the location of the grand seal of one of the Original 11, Lady Veria, the progenitor of the Void Dragons.  To that end the Void Dragon clans are highly protective of that place and do not like anyone trespassing into it uninvited."